News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 683     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 940     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

Anyone know the reason for the latest occupancy delay?

It was July before and now it's September.

I'm guessing they have to wait until Sudbury Street gets constructed. If there is no road, then no vehicles can drive into the building. Bohemian has the same occupancy date - Sept. 2010.

Anyone know the reason for the latest occupancy delay?

It was July before and now it's September.

Is that for everyone? My original occupancy date was September, but I've not been told it was changing.

Getting a letter for the December closing date was nice though.

Does anyone think the current construction is on schedule or do you think there are going to be more delays? The building looks like it's making great progress, any thoughts?

I have purchased a unit on the first floor of the Artscape part of the building and received a letter that the occupancy date was moved from July 17th to August 17th. I also know that they have started offering rentals for occupancy in August as well... I'm just trying to figure out my living arrangements while I wait.

By the way, thanks for all post with the photos and constructive comments.

-LP

I'm on the 6th floor in the same section and my date was moved from July to Sept (can't remember the specific dates). I guess it depends where you're located in the building. Also, a good point was made that the street construction has too be finished before people can start moving in. I hope that date sticks since my wedding is in October. Cutting it a bit close.

I'm on the 6th floor in the same section and my date was moved from July to Sept (can't remember the specific dates). I guess it depends where you're located in the building. Also, a good point was made that the street construction has too be finished before people can start moving in. I hope that date sticks since my wedding is in October. Cutting it a bit close.
K8J congrats on getting married!

I've noticed there are residential neighbourhoods that don't have street construction done and people are already living there. So it may be the same for our building?

Also, I should mention I'm a first time home buyer and I recently found out the occupancy date and closing date are different? Which means we might be living there August/September but may be paying rent to the builder before our mortgage is active? That's ridiculous...! Why am I paying rent for a place I am going to own?

-LP

K8J congrats on getting married!

I've noticed there are residential neighbourhoods that don't have street construction done and people are already living there. So it may be the same for our building?

Also, I should mention I'm a first time home buyer and I recently found out the occupancy date and closing date are different? Which means we might be living there August/September but may be paying rent to the builder before our mortgage is active? That's ridiculous...! Why am I paying rent for a place I am going to own?

-LP
I highly doubt move in dates will be before the completion of Sudbury St. - and the move in date and final closing thing is like that in all condos - the building has to be registered before you get your title for final closing - it explains it all in the massive stack of papers you signed when you bought. You may want to read them FULLY.

I highly doubt move in dates will be before the completion of Sudbury St. - and the move in date and final closing thing is like that in all condos - the building has to be registered before you get your title for final closing - it explains it all in the massive stack of papers you signed when you bought. You may want to read them FULLY.

Yes, read everything fully as we've run into several issues with this builder and their minions in the sales office. There are several things that were never mentioned upfront that's been buried in all the paperwork like the wall height (not ceiling height) where we found out that there was an option to extend the walls all the way up to the ceilings rather than leaving a 2'-3' gap, but we were too late to request that option. They're not gonna tell you about stuff that's gonna cost them more money.

Did anyone else here purchase a unit from Artscape Triangle Lofts? I recently received an email that my purchase agreement is automatically terminated because of a few conditions that were not meant by a specified date so I have to come in and sign a new agreement. Did anyone else receive this? do you any thought?

LP

Did anyone else here purchase a unit from Artscape Triangle Lofts? I recently received an email that my purchase agreement is automatically terminated because of a few conditions that were not meant by a specified date so I have to come in and sign a new agreement. Did anyone else receive this? do you any thought?

LP

I didn't receive one (as I haven't bought here), but a good friend of mine did and forwarded it to me. It's basically a technicality because the city didn't get its ass in gear to approve the zoning - which will happen for sure. It doesn't affect your purchase price, size or location of unit, but I believe you only have until April 17th to contact them and make an appointment to re-sign, otherwise your unit will be resold and your deposit refunded, so I'd make sure you call them ASAP.

Last edited:
My unit is now late November, two months behind. I'm really hoping not to have to move when it's really cold or with snow on the ground.

Hst

Does anyone know if there is any change to what will have to be paid with the upcoming introduction of HST? I would call the sales office but I am sure I will get the run around.

Back