News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 959     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

Caught a bit of today's testing on my lunch break as 505 arrived and departed from Waterloo Public Square. The signals at the Erb/Caroline intersection worked alright but the ones in the parking lot were still a bit glitchy...

Caught a bit of today's testing on my lunch break as 505 arrived and departed from Waterloo Public Square. The signals at the Erb/Caroline intersection worked alright but the ones in the parking lot were still a bit glitchy...

Is this just the testing speed, or the actual operating speed? It looks slow to me.

Is this just the testing speed, or the actual operating speed? It looks slow to me.

Testing. The arrival was southbound travel on the northbound track which has a lower posted speed limit, and the departure stopped just past the crossover on the other side of the intersection. A few minutes later they used the crossover to switch to the southbound track and continued southbound into Kitchener.

June 21
Luck out stopping off in Kitchener on my way to London to caught 506 in testing between Mills Station and Fairview Mall. If I have visited before 12 pm, I wouldn't have caught these videos. Testing was to start at 8:00 am, but started after 12 pm.

Every intersections had police officer on duty as well the contractor.

No idea what the plan is for communication, but the driver had a hand-held device that was moved from end to end and clip to the control panel.

Found the horn weak for crossing the road.

Car was slow arriving at Fairview Station, but it sure jack rabbit departing the station.

June 21
No idea what the plan is for communication, but the driver had a hand-held device that was moved from end to end and clip to the control panel.
Handheld EDACS-compatible radio

Found the horn weak for crossing the road.
Horn is just a testing precaution, they won't use it in service.

Car was slow arriving at Fairview Station, but it sure jack rabbit departing the station.
Yeah you caught them doing testing with one of the 13 new operators that they hired recently. In the cab in the 5th video you posted (from left to right) was one of the test contractors, the lead operator in the back, and the new operator-in-training

33984698_10157409640759046_5191938659917496320_n.jpg

Block Line station, Kitchener

Last edited:

Back