News   Mar 28, 2024
 208     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 214     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 276     0 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

By that logic they should put up fences along all streets as pedestrians sometimes step into traffic. Death may be the last taboo, but its a taboo that's certainly gone into high gear among the urbanist crowd.

Cities actually do put fences up to protect pedestrians from being idiots. London, Hong Kong, etc. They use them to stop pedestrians from crossing roads illegally. Mostly in high pedestrian traffic areas.

Crossing protection was active at Laurel Creek pedestrian crossing. Assuming just a test.
IMG_1947 by ION Construction, on Flickr

Interestingly, that's just a future pedestrian crossing. If you look on the right, you will see that the (black) fence is actually unbroken.

Heaters used to complete curing for last sections of remaining rail.
IMG_1955 by ION Construction, on Flickr

And to take a look inside the orange worm...

IMG_20170218_1506514.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170218_1506514.jpg
    IMG_20170218_1506514.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 405
They are low to the point that I don't believe anyone on here that says they are km/h. I'm sorry, they just aren't. Someone is mistaken, even if they are from a professional level, they got it wrong.

Aren't the vehicle speedometers in MPH? It would be ridiculous to have "12 km/h" as a speed limit for vehicles with an MPH speedometer, where it's about 7 MPH...on the other hand, 12 MPH is 20 KM/h.

They are low to the point that I don't believe anyone on here that says they are km/h. I'm sorry, they just aren't. Someone is mistaken, even if they are from a professional level, they got it wrong.

This debate again? I doubt they'll hit 70 mph on the Waterloo spur (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153994523217153&set=g.81680629050)...

Those 12's and 30's are on the approach to particular curves, because stuff like this happens when you don't respect physics.

The first vehicle arrived at Kitchener's Courtland / Block Line CP/GEXR transfer yard after dark last night, and was moved to GEXR's Lancaster yard shortly before 1:00 p.m. today.

There's currently a great spotting opportunity on Victoria St between Filbert and Locust, and the scuttlebutt on Facebook and Twitter is that GEXR will move it up the Waterloo spur to the vicinity of the OMSF between 6:00 and 8:00 p.m. tonight!

Largest paperweight ever delivered to Waterloo Region.

I would be more impressed if it actually ran.

It's a start, I guess.

- Paul

Back