News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 544     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Waterfront Transit Reset Phase 1 Study

How should Toronto connect the East and West arms of the planned waterfront transit with downtown?

• Expand the existing Union loop

Votes: 200 73.3%
  • Build a Western terminus

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Route service along Queen's Quay with pedestrian/cycle/bus connection to Union

Votes: 28 10.3%
  • Connect using existing Queen's Quay/Union Loop and via King Street

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 5.9%

• Total voters
LOL, I was on the committee that worked on that plan. Gee!!!...............Thanks

It was a given that the slip had to be fill in as well retaining the silos. We need to retain parts of buildings to show our past. It was sad to loose the old buildings to fire for the park

LOL, I was on the committee that worked on that plan. Gee!!!...............Thanks

It was a given that the slip had to be fill in as well retaining the silos. We need to retain parts of buildings to show our past. It was sad to loose the old buildings to fire for the park

AFAIK the silo is expected to stay in the plans.

AoD

AFAIK the silo is expected to stay in the plans.

AoD
That was a given during the study and the final plan. How it will be retain is another thing

I remember seeing a render of a re-aligned Queens Quay going around the silos in the form of a traffic circle.

I remember seeing a render of a re-aligned Queens Quay going around the silos in the form of a traffic circle.
If you look at post 1097, the report shows it going around the silo

The tender call for the QQE transit design closes on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see who wins it - and when we actually see some action :->

RFP #2019-42 - RFP #2019-42: Queens Quay East Extension and Cherry Street LRT, Road and Public Realm Design Services
Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation

The tender call for the QQE transit design closes on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see who wins it - and when we actually see some action :->

RFP #2019-42 - RFP #2019-42: Queens Quay East Extension and Cherry Street LRT, Road and Public Realm Design Services
Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation
30% design by April 2021, but when will it go to 100% is unknown at this time. If quick design work on QQE only was brought up to 100% in 2021, tender could go out in 2022 and construction starts late 2022. First work would be filling in part of the Young Slip to start build the new entrance to the hotel.

TTC could start building part of the new portal one the current entrance is close off and that could be 2024/25.

What needs to be known in the next year is the extension going to stop at Parliament St as plan or will it continue to the Cherry St Loop?? Council will decide that since there is no funding in the current capital budget to go to Cherry St Loop that I know of. If council approves the funds, an EA will have to take place since there is no EA for that extension as well getting under the rail corridor.

Then the other unknown, will TTC allow an east-west connect to the current Bay tunnel?? TTC needs to be scrap if it doesn't allow the building of a T connection considering it been on the books for over 10 years.

Bottom line, everything has been effected by COVID -19 and where is the money going to come from with next to no income as plan today?? A budget is only good if you have the money to cover it.

These are my views and open to others views and comments. Make sure you get out to the fall open house and express your point of view for this extension.

Attachments

• UTQueensQuayELRT.pdf
    134.1 KB · Views: 301
@drum118 do you have the details about the open house? Time / location? Thanks
Way to early for info.

I attached 2 PDF of my 5 pages report to my posting and I don't see them. Does anyone see them?? I did 2 different PDF after the first one fail to show.

No, don't see the attachments.
Thanks and don't why one or both not displaying. I attach them by the attach file link and was uploaded. You can see the large gap in my posting where the files are located

125382332_10164751636620392_3912425792306562806_o.jpg

Back