News   Apr 25, 2024
 64     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Waterfront Transit Reset Phase 1 Study

How should Toronto connect the East and West arms of the planned waterfront transit with downtown?

• Expand the existing Union loop

Votes: 200 73.3%
  • Build a Western terminus

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Route service along Queen's Quay with pedestrian/cycle/bus connection to Union

Votes: 28 10.3%
  • Connect using existing Queen's Quay/Union Loop and via King Street

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 5.9%

• Total voters
So many good ideas posted here to deliver the QQE faster for less money. Are any of these options even being considered by the city?
NO

So many good ideas posted here to deliver the QQE faster for less money. Are any of these options even being considered by the city?
Here's an image I saved on my hard drive in April 2009. No real change to the plan in 10 years. No real plan to build it either.

Thanks for that.

Gets me excited for the project - now if financing could just be lined up and the get the line built already. Between this and the DRL downtown Transit will be a whole lot better than it is today.

I have a question. The last few pages of the presentation depict options for a portal location. What exactly is this?
I believe they are thinking of moving the portal location a block west - being west of Yonge Street instead of East of it as it was in the 2010 plan.

I'm of the opinion it should be east of Yonge - it eliminated one additional stoplight the line will have to navigate and gives more space to handle drop offs and the higher level of vehicle traffic in the area in front of the Weston.

I have a question. The last few pages of the presentation depict options for a portal location. What exactly is this?
The portal is the entrance/exit to the underground portion and there is lots about it and its possible location(s) in the EA study of a decade ago! (Yes, we have made great progress on this file!) There are, of course, two portal entrances - one to serve the new LRT going east of Bay on QQ and one to serve (as now) the LRT that goes west of Bay.

I believe they are thinking of moving the portal location a block west - being west of Yonge Street instead of East of it as it was in the 2010 plan.

I'm of the opinion it should be east of Yonge - it eliminated one additional stoplight the line will have to navigate and gives more space to handle drop offs and the higher level of vehicle traffic in the area in front of the Weston.
Is there going to be a streetcar stop near Yonge St?

I'm sorry, I'm kind of new to all of this. But if I am reading/understanding this correctly, the plan is to extend the Queens Quay streetcar to the east + have automated people mover from the current Jack Layton Ferry stop connect to Union?

I'm sorry, I'm kind of new to all of this. But if I am reading/understanding this correctly, the plan is to extend the Queens Quay streetcar to the east + have automated people mover from the current Jack Layton Ferry stop connect to Union?

The people mover is one of the two options being considered. The second is to make the changes necessary to the existing streetcar tunnel to allow for the increased traffic / volume. The two options go before the City in April to make their selection/decision.

Back