News   Jul 02, 2024
 506     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 656     0 

Waterfront Transit Reset Phase 1 Study

How should Toronto connect the East and West arms of the planned waterfront transit with downtown?

• Expand the existing Union loop

Votes: 203 72.5%
  • Build a Western terminus

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Route service along Queen's Quay with pedestrian/cycle/bus connection to Union

Votes: 30 10.7%
  • Connect using existing Queen's Quay/Union Loop and via King Street

Votes: 20 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 5.7%

• Total voters
and i'm sitting here opening up this thread every time there's a new post foolishly thinking there will be an update on the west side
Well there is a knockout for the Bremner streetcar in the final Union Station plan. I thought the last report, is that it wasn't going to be there.

Well there is a knockout for the Bremner streetcar in the final Union Station plan. I thought the last report, is that it wasn't going to be there.
Like it or not, TTC still wants that knockout panel even though the Bremmer line is dead. One idea was to bring the 511 along Bremmer in place of the full Bremmer line. It will be an operation nightmare if it happens.

I will not be around when I told you so when Union will not be able to hand the ridership for this outdated loop.

Well, thank god it's "one of the City's top transit priorities". I was worried we would not see it built before I celebrate the 20th anniversary of attending my first meeting about it - probably 2005 or 2006!
*YAWNS* Clearly I think it's time for a new study - too much time has passed so we need an "update".

*YAWNS* Clearly I think it's time for a new study - too much time has passed so we need an "update".
The update would be the announcement that construction has not only happening for QQE, but all the extension for it that includes the Commissioner line to the Leslie Barn's, the Broadview extension and the Cherry South extension,. Then the Parliament line, The Lake Shore West extension, Dufferin St extension, scrapping the current Union Loop and replace it with a different option, Bring back the Bay St line, the Lake Shore E line and moving to duel end cars as well some 42m cars

It would be also for the redesign of Bathurst St ROW from the bridge to where the QQW hasn't been built like the rest of it.

and i'm sitting here opening up this thread every time there's a new post foolishly thinking there will be an update on the west side

rip

The WWLRT can't move forward in a substantive way until the Ontario Line Construction is out of the way, as well as the Gardiner rehab in that area.

The former doesn't need to be entirely complete....but regrettably, anything here is a ways off yet.

One thing to watch for is the Western Waterfront Masterplan update and whether there is any intent to move ahead with the big Lakeshore Blvd realignment in the near/medium term (again, this would be post-Gardiner work for sure, so 2027 at the earliest. But that work should include a new LRT ROW, even if they don't put the tracks in right away.

The WWLRT can't move forward in a substantive way until the Ontario Line Construction is out of the way, as well as the Gardiner rehab in that area.

The former doesn't need to be entirely complete....but regrettably, anything here is a ways off yet.

One thing to watch for is the Western Waterfront Masterplan update and whether there is any intent to move ahead with the big Lakeshore Blvd realignment in the near/medium term (again, this would be post-Gardiner work for sure, so 2027 at the earliest. But that work should include a new LRT ROW, even if they don't put the tracks in right away.
The realignment of Lake Shore West does includes the LRT extension from Dufferin St west and was approved around 2010 as I forgot the timeframe for it considering I was on the team for it..

Until Exhibition area is redevelop for GO and OL, along with replacing the bridges over the rail corridor, Lake Shore redevelopment is way down the road as well the LRT ROW until around 2030-35, if that

Back