News   Mar 28, 2024
 252     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 238     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 279     0 

Walmart Relocation Vaughan (SmartREIT, 1s, ?)

Photos from yesterday. Store pretty much looks about done on the outside. Hunted the internet for a closing date for the old Walmart, but couldn't find it. The old Walmart looks to be on the way out soon, either way, as they have blocked off large sections of the store and have recently been doing quite a lot of sales.

View attachment 276356View attachment 276357

That really is awful, not just the standard ugly big box; but a sea of paving with very few trees that will heat up in the summer sun contributing to urban heat island effect; also doesn't appear to show any stormwater holding/treatment on site.

Granted I have a strong anti Walmart bias; but could they not at least make some attempt at sustainable design? Also, how does this pass as a site plan in Vaughan.

Toronto remains too lax as well.............but I digress.

1603452410427.png

Sounds like its opened!

Sweet, in that the former location can be closed and bulldozed. It will be very satisfying to see a Wal-mart building reduced to rubble.

I went in there a little while ago, this is one of the brightest stores I've ever been in, it almost hurts your eyes lol. They went overkill with the lighting inside.

Back