News   Apr 19, 2024
 888     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 661     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Walmart Relocation Vaughan (SmartREIT, 1s, ?)

raptor

Member Bio
Reaction score
The long anticipated Walmart relocation continues. New entry up on PlanIt:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard they are tracking a 2020 Grand Opening.

It doesn't look like any of the demo work has started at either the old Smart Centres Head office or the Kumon bulding.

The existing store has to be over 200,000 sf.

Did it actually get issued? My understanding is the the proposed changes in the Growth Plan have removed the need for it, and I'd imagine that Vaughan has agreed to process the site plan application in the interim until the growth plan changes come into effect.

woohoo.

Looks like they are reserving land along the south side of the site for future development.. who knows what though as it is outside of the VMC.

The submission letter states that the MZO is pending from the province.

Coming to the June 4 Vaughan Committee of the Whole.
I will not be surprised if construction is well underway by next year, as it's moving along fairly quickly.

The renderings dont seem to match the site plan - but this is a pretty decent look for Walmart.

The renderings dont seem to match the site plan - but this is a pretty decent look for Walmart.

That's like saying of someone who just got 29 in calculus..........but hey, he got 19 on the last test!

Very glass-half-full of you.

LOL

I'm going to stick with describing largely blank walls, garish colours, no trees, and a sea of pavement as just plain ugly.

Yea no getting around that. Walmart tried out some higher density forms to try and enter the urban market a bit more and ended up pulling out of all of them though - so i imagine they have no interest in anything but this. It’s a shame because every other retailer is moving in the exact opposite direction.

Back