News   Oct 11, 2024
 607     0 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 548     0 

VIA Rail in Mississauga

We noticed two types of different advertising by VIA at the Hershey.....there is fixed advertising sinage above the vomitories...given the permanence of this advertising (ie. it is there during all

Vomitories? I didn't know they had eat until you vomit events there.

Hershey is a company with its Canadian HQ in Mississauga. They also used to have a plant in Smiths Falls.

Powerade is a brand, and that's all. There's worse though, like Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland and Jobing.com Arena in Glendale AZ.

Just watching the troops play the Ice Dogs now.....from the Gatorade Garden City Arena....now that deserves an ugh! ;)

There's something about using a brand name rather than a company name that crosses the line from "sponsoring" to simply "advertising".

There's something about using a brand name rather than a company name that crosses the line from "sponsoring" to simply "advertising".

I don't get the distinction....and was just kidding about the Gatorade thing.....hadn't realized that our former neighbour/rivals from Peel had moved to St. Catherines just to get their own rink named after a sports beverage too!

Did they erect a sign at least? Crazy that there's VIA service now a few 100m from Pearson, but not at Pearson.

There is a sign up. Spotted it the other day on my way downtown, thought it was odd, fell asleep and forgot about it (Malton will do that to you).

Too bad this train doesn't go to Montreal.

Useless.

Got my hopes up for nothing.

Actually, roughly 50% of the Winsor->Toronto trains do continue on to Montreal or Ottawa. They get a different route number, a bit of a layover, and it isn't very predictable; but it is announced when arriving at Union as to which car you should move to if continuing on to Montreal or Ottawa.

Actually, roughly 50% of the Winsor->Toronto trains do continue on to Montreal or Ottawa. They get a different route number, a bit of a layover, and it isn't very predictable; but it is announced when arriving at Union as to which car you should move to if continuing on to Montreal or Ottawa.
Though none of the Windsor trains go through Malton. The Windsor trains go through Port Credit (but don't stop ...).

Useless.

Got my hopes up for nothing.

Is it easier for you to get to Malton, or why not take a bus from Cooksville or a train from Port Credit and transfer at Union? A transfer is usually required for points east from the VIA trains that stop in Brampton. People still need to go to places like U of Guelph, U of Waterloo, WLU, and places along the "north main line".

Back