News   Mar 28, 2024
 104     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Using The New Urban Toronto Forum

You don't have to stop "watching" the thread, you can still watch it but not receive email notifications.

Don't know if this is the right thread, but I'll ask this forum quoting question here.

Is there a way to insert a quote from a off site source (news article/document) and have a link to the site as well as a title?

For example, you can link a post like this with
upload_2018-7-30_14-18-43.png

^^ a personal favourite of mine.
but I would like to link as piece of text from a site with
upload_2018-7-30_14-17-20.png

General PRESTO questions
which doesn't link correctly or
upload_2018-7-30_14-17-33.png

site: https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/FAQ.jsp said:
General PRESTO questions
which doesn't link but can see site.

Of course, you could always just add a hyperlink to the a piece of text with the title of the site, but that doesn't really feel integrated.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-30_14-17-20.png
    upload_2018-7-30_14-17-20.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,128
  • upload_2018-7-30_14-17-33.png
    upload_2018-7-30_14-17-33.png
    6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • upload_2018-7-30_14-18-43.png
    upload_2018-7-30_14-18-43.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,197
Don't know if this is the right thread, but I'll ask this forum quoting question here.

Is there a way to insert a quote from a off site source (news article/document) and have a link to the site as well as a title?

For example, you can link a post like this with View attachment 151827

but I would like to link as piece of text from a site with View attachment 151825

which doesn't link correctly or View attachment 151826

which doesn't link but can see site.

Of course, you could always just add a hyperlink to the a piece of text with the title of the site, but that doesn't really feel integrated.
Yes, add the text you want quoted, highlight it, and select insert quote (image showing how below). Then just link the source!
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,144
How do I link the source, does it get added to the header of the quote, or just a regular hyperlink?
Just a regular hyperlink should be fine

I was trying to create a new post on the Rate this Design/Floorplan photo, but I see no option to do so. At the bottom of the forum, it indicates my profile has insufficient privileges to post. Can you let me know how I can gain the privileges to create a new post? I similarly have the same issue with this forum - I cannot create a new post, only reply to existing posts.

I was trying to create a new post on the Rate this Design/Floorplan photo, but I see no option to do so. At the bottom of the forum, it indicates my profile has insufficient privileges to post. Can you let me know how I can gain the privileges to create a new post? I similarly have the same issue with this forum - I cannot create a new post, only reply to existing posts.

You need 20 posts to start a new thread @LostAlbertan

I'm glad I searched Google and came across this thread because for the longest time, I couldn't find out why I was unable to create a thread.

As a suggestion from a new forum member, I recommend that this notice is made more visible to new users. For example, on other forums that I've used in the past, some of them have a "Create Thread" button, but once you click it, it brings up a notice notifying you of lack of post count. Another forum required verification through a forum admin or moderator to ensure that you weren't a spam bot.

Agree - i've stumbled across it but it wasn't obvious!

Just a suggestion:
I notice that you make the thread title a slightly darker shade of blue when there's some new activity.
However, I find that it's difficult to recognize the slight difference.........just eyesight problem?
Could you make a clearer distinction?.......,maybe just darken the text more or change the colour?

Hi,

Is there a button somewhere where I can read from the last read or first unread post in a thread? It used to be a thing here. I now resort to just reading posts from ther penultimate page onward.

Is there a button somewhere where I can read from the last read or first unread post in a thread? It used to be a thing here. I now resort to just reading posts from ther penultimate page onward.

This is now a reality @TDE .

Reactions: TDE

Back