News   Mar 28, 2024
 954     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 539     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 833     0 

UrbanToronto Redesign

Suggestion: can someone standardise the spelling of PORT LANDS (2 words) which has 5 examples in thread titles and PORTLANDS (one word, which has 10, not all Toronto!) in Thread Titles so the Search works properly. The official WT spelling seems to be two words. See: https://portlandsto.ca/
Even the Port Lands Wikipedia article refers strictly to the one in Toronto.

Not to sound TOO much like the Librarian I am, can someone try to consolidate the THREAD TITLES that are split between Toronto Island and Toronto Islands? (Or adjust the Search so that it picks up both in one search). Thanks

Not sure where to post, so please delete / move. I can no longer see page numbers within a thread that has multi-pages. I'm on Chrome.
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 5.26.21 PM.png

The design looks great! For what it's worth, i'll give my two cents:
  • there are too many horizontal menu bars. On smaller screens like an ipad or laptop these can take up 20%+ of the screen.
  • the top bar #1 is unnecessarily large.
  • bar #2 doesn't have to be visible all the time, it just takes up space. Between bar 1 & 2, there are two buttons to access your account, two search buttons.
  • bar #3, again doesnt have to be visible all the time. Once again, we have a third search function.
  • bar #4 (bottom) once again isnt necessary and takes up space. You have a social sharing button at the top and individual social links at the bottom.

My suggestion: reduce everything to just ONE horizontal menu bar. Keep it clean, minimal, functional.

UT suggestion.jpg

The top bar is the UT's Nav Bar along with logo. The next two bars come from Xenforo and are part of the forum software. Can't merge the three.

The top bar is the UT's Nav Bar along with logo. The next two bars come from Xenforo and are part of the forum software. Can't merge the three.
What if the UT Nav Bar were to disappear while scrolling downwards, and reappear while scrolling upwards? Here is an example of the functionality I have in mind.

Almost 10 years ago someone ran a poll to see the AGE of UTers (there's a thread) and it may be tine to run another (larger) poll to get a better idea of the demographics of our "community". Clearly those of us who were here a decade ago are 10 years older (and some days it feels like it!) but it would be interesting to have a better idea of the demographics of our 'community. Maybe something the UT Admin would like to do? I suggest AGE, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, FAMILY/PERSONAL INCOME, HOME OWNER/RENTER and HIGHEST EDUCATIONAL LEVEL but others may have better ideas (or not care!). How about it Ed?

I notice that my Profile includes a space for Trophy Points.

trophy.jpg

Does anyone have Trophy Points , how did they get them and if not why not and what is the trophy? We deserve to know!

Back