Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

ok, not sure it's about being negative vs. being positive...it's about being realistic. What did people think they were buying into? Given the prices we paid we ended up getting a pretty good building. Units my size are a good $100k more downtown.
The decor of Phase 1 is neutral (greys and taupes: classic colours which are trending) and the finishes are not offensive or gaudy. Also, didn't people look at the model (granted, I think the original model showed some brickwork which would have been nice) when they purchased? The building looks much like the original rendition. Besides, people had a chance to view it during construction (it's only been going on for 4 years!) so they could have backed out if they felt they didn't like the design.
Grant it, I think if we paid tens of thousands of dollars more and were told that it was going to be a 'luxury' building, I think I'd be mad too.
I also think we're looking at the building in the midst of winter, without landscaping and tons of mud and construction stuff around it. I think once the area has settled, it'll actually look nice.
Just my two cents worth...given that - as some say - the site's to express our opinions!

Diane just offering our honest opinions,this is why this website if for.Its not about negativity but with the flux of building in this area from those terrible townhouses on Davenport to the truly terrible Foundry lofts and those rentals on Dupont and Landsdowne you expect the designers to have more creativity.

WHAT?!?!? Are you kidding me? Foundry Loft is stunning! By far the nicest authentic loft in the GTA.

As for the upside down condo, the styling matches the amazing prices. I am sure most of you have doubled your investment.

I think the building looks just fine :) I'm really glad it's not an all glass tower, they are so boring and don't fit with the area at all. My only concern is that with such a white building what it will look like a couple of years from now. I just have horrible thoughts of having to pay to have the entire outside powerwashed to get all the dirt off of it.

As for the inside, I've been in for two weeks and couldn't be happier, every day the lobby is cleaned to get rid of construction dust, and today a crew came down the hallway of my floor cleaning every square inch. I'm pretty happy with my home so far :)

ok, not sure it's about being negative vs. being positive...it's about being realistic. What did people think they were buying into? Given the prices we paid we ended up getting a pretty good building. Units my size are a good $100k more downtown.
The decor of Phase 1 is neutral (greys and taupes: classic colours which are trending) and the finishes are not offensive or gaudy. Also, didn't people look at the model (granted, I think the original model showed some brickwork which would have been nice) when they purchased? The building looks much like the original rendition. Besides, people had a chance to view it during construction (it's only been going on for 4 years!) so they could have backed out if they felt they didn't like the design.
Grant it, I think if we paid tens of thousands of dollars more and were told that it was going to be a 'luxury' building, I think I'd be mad too.
I also think we're looking at the building in the midst of winter, without landscaping and tons of mud and construction stuff around it. I think once the area has settled, it'll actually look nice.
Just my two cents worth...given that - as some say - the site's to express our opinions!

I don't think the people giving "their honest opinion" actually bought units here... Judging from their posts. They were just coming to pooh pooh the project, which yeah, no one is going to claim it looks like it will win architectural awards but saying it looks like that red bricked rectangle, rather ugly building seems a bit drastic.

I don't think the people giving "their honest opinion" actually bought units here... Judging from their posts. They were just coming to pooh pooh the project, which yeah, no one is going to claim it looks like it will win architectural awards but saying it looks like that red bricked rectangle, rather ugly building seems a bit drastic.

I totally agree. I've been seeing on this blog now for over 2 years ppl complaining about the stupidest things and im glad someone finally stood up. I agree ppl have the right to vice their opinions but if its gonna be absolutley insane and ignorant comment then they are better left unsaid. We bought our unit for just under $420 a square foot and are paying $0.26 per sq ft for maintanance fees. WHERE ELSE ARE YOU GONNA FIND PRICES LIKE THIS DOWNTOWN?!?!? and ppl still with all this have the nerve to complain about paint color?!? unreal..

i think the moment for me where i had enough was when i went in for finishes and i heard a lady complain that the bathroom vanities were not granite, no i ask you to that lady, where in the agreement did you ever see granite vanities??

Hi there, found this color selection thread back from july 2012. It appears to not work anymore. Does anyone know what the new link and password is? I am in Phase 2, but I heard the finishes will be the same as Phase 1?

It's true that the building doesn't look good. The white-grey cladding looks cheap, the windows are small and the variations in cladding from precast to glass which are one of the facade's distinguishing details seem arbitrary. The proportions aren't as bad as BeBloor, but nevertheless recall the generic slab apartment towers of the 1960s. The lobby is really mundane. Better cladding and proportions would have gone a long way towards a more attractive building.

Hi there, found this color selection thread back from july 2012. It appears to not work anymore. Does anyone know what the new link and password is? I am in Phase 2, but I heard the finishes will be the same as Phase 1?

The website where the packages used to be posted seems to have a security warning on it now. I have PDF copies of the package choices if you want. If you send me a private message with your email address, I can send them to you.

Hey there,
does anyone have any updates on Registration? Any indication as to whether our application for registration has been sent out or will be anytime soon?

thanks

I am inquiring about purchasing a unit in the building but the one I will be offering a offer does not come with a parking spot. Do they still have spots available for sale. thanks

Hi There,

Not sure if you are interested in Phase 2 (812 Lansdowne -across from Phase 1-occupancy is Sept 18th, 2013), but we are selling a 2 bedroom by ASSIGNMENT ( 794 sq ft) with 1 parking spot and 1 locker for well below $299K..if you are interested. Send me a private message or email me at s.k@cogeco.ca and I will send you the FLOORPLAN and more info. Thanks Suzanne

Back