Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Ok. So I am probably late to the table here.. but hey I'm an east sider... Anyways this project has peaked my interest especially in regards to potential. Am I completely off here?

Rikk, any new progress pics?

On a side note, I was at the sale centre the other day. Mentioned how I was sadden that they didn't do a ground breaking celebration, as it would be nice to meet my future neighbours. Was then informed that they're planning on doing a "member appreciation night" where they're going to do a delayed ground breaking celebration and also mention who the retailers are going to be in the retail space which is going to be available for Phase 3/4. Was also told Phase 3/4 will be going on say come Sept/Oct.

the hole grows

Just a quick update on the dig.

The hole is about twice as big as in my last update but pictures don't really convey that. Digging has been delayed by the recent rain and now they seem to be waiting for the pool of water at the bottom of the hole to dissipate before resuming.

i'll send a new pic when they continue digging.

rob

here is the latest pic

Just a quick update on the dig.

i'll send a new pic when they continue digging.

rob

P1000291.jpg

Attachments

• P1000291.jpg
    P1000291.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 328
hiya
so i wanted to buy a unit this week but i was concerned with the the rental units that make up the entrance drive. the buildings are not very nice looking. would they reduce the value?

Admittedly the standard loft apartments aren't the finest rental facilities in the city, i know because i live in the northwest building. However, there is a good diversity of people living here just as there is in the rest of the neighborhood. It is miles better than the towers on the north east side of dupont and lansdowne and other rental units in the area. Further, i think standard lofts has the potential improve over time as the neighborhood transitions.

rob

Thanks for the info. I may take a second look tomorrow. I went By the gallaria mall it wasn't at all bad. The area seemed nice excep for the coffee time and the other rental building that wasn't recently built. Seems like there will be lots of potential for a good return

I am born and raised near the area, I can honestly say this area is transitioning only for the better. What the area was once before to what it is now, is amazing, it's really cleaned up. It'll only continue to get better as the other phases start to build and the densfication of the area starts. Phase 3 and 4 go on sale in Sept and there's to be a total of 7/8 phases of condos, with the mixture of townhouses that are being built slightly north, plus the Foundary Lofts just north as well. You'll indeed get a very good return in a few years time. Consider this area, kinda like Liberty Village. At first people thought it was a bad run down area to live in, the properties were pretty cheap to buy and now look how the area has turned into a vibrant community and imagine all those people who got in early what their returns are now if they were to sell.

And as Rob has stated above, it's a good mix of people that live in the area. I also believe and feel that once the condos begin to go up, the unused retail space available at the Standard Loft apartments will be filled to cater to the new community.

That Dollarama is gonna make a killing now. =P

I And as Rob has stated above, it's a good mix of people that live in the area. I also believe and feel that once the condos begin to go up, the unused retail space available at the Standard Loft apartments will be filled to cater to the new community.

That Dollarama is gonna make a killing now. =P

The trouble is, the aesthetic quality of the Standard is such that Dollarama-type retail is all that it befits...

^ This will change, just cause a building looks somewhat "ugly" doesn't mean something good can't move into it. Whatever retailers that may move into the empty location(s) will realize the growth potential of all the new development. Remember that in phase 3/4 where the sales off is now, it's slated to have a grocery store, bank, and coffee shop. Perhaps at "The Lofts" maybe you'll see another "local" art gallery open up, seems like they're opening up everywhere in the area.

For some reason (maybe the heat?) there was absolutely no work done at the site this week. Even last week when they were working, it seemed like they were going super slow and inefficiently... they had two trucks carrying away dirt but it would be 20 minutes in between loads where the digger would just sit there and wait. I hope this excavation picks up soon because they've made very little progress considering they started one month ago and basically have less than one floor of a rough dig completed.

It just seems that considering the entire project is year(s?) behind schedule now that they would be trying to get this done as soon as possible.... but i guess when you buy into the lowest price development in the city you have to make some concessions.

It also doesn't help that every time I look out the window i see the site... maybe i'll get a loudspeaker and yell "work, work, work" at them all day.

Rob

well sorry to be the bearer of bad news but nothing has been touched on the site since my last post and they removed the excavator several days ago. If anybody is in contact with the developers or the construction company then maybe we can inquire as to what the delay is.

rob

That's too bad. I wonder why the delay? I thought once they started digging it would go quickly. Maybe they're waiting for more permits?

Back