Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

I wonder what an Inside Out Condo might be like. Perhaps a little Rachel Whiteread-ish

Hi,

I talked to Tom and Rob, the developer, on April 8. They told me that the construction of Phase I will start in June.:)

Also, I got the following sales update from the sales office:
Phase I over 80% sold
Phase II over 70% sold

GREAT news, thanks Rikk! Any estimate on how long it will take? I know Occupancy is December 2011, but if they start in June is it possible it could be a few months earlier?

GREAT news, thanks Rikk! Any estimate on how long it will take? I know Occupancy is December 2011, but if they start in June is it possible it could be a few months earlier?

Guys, i don't mean to sound like a buzzkill here but even if they do start moving forward in June, am i the only one that thinks December 2011 is a little far-fetched in terms of a move-in date?

Granted, the building is only 14 storeys and not as high as some of the other buildings in Toronto ususally are. But, I think we've all been around long enough to see that these move-on dates are almost always pushed back due to one thing or another.

I think adding up to one year to the December 2011 occupance date is not a stretch.

Anybody else agree? Any comments??

jim99, Yes I think its aggressive, but the Dec 2011 date is already an extension. Original occupancy was Sept 2010. I believe they are allowed to extend the date twice, which (please correct me if anyone knows for sure) they've already done, meaning they have to have occupancy in Dec 2011(with some 15 day extensions I believe?).

Guys, i don't mean to sound like a buzzkill here but even if they do start moving forward in June, am i the only one that thinks December 2011 is a little far-fetched in terms of a move-in date?

Granted, the building is only 14 storeys and not as high as some of the other buildings in Toronto ususally are. But, I think we've all been around long enough to see that these move-on dates are almost always pushed back due to one thing or another.

I think adding up to one year to the December 2011 occupance date is not a stretch.

I agree to an extent and it is diffecult to know what developers are doing behind the scene, but building a 14 storey building in 1.5 years is totally do able. This project has been delayed by six months already and was suppossed to have been completed Sept 2011. If it delayed more good for me to get my 20% down.....

No movement yet....I am eyeballin that empty lot, I will make a post poste the momment I see movement

Good news! The land is staked out........there are boundry markers everywhere....and I was informed that there was some minor excavation for unitlities....I will have to look to confim this.

jim99, Yes I think its aggressive, but the Dec 2011 date is already an extension. Original occupancy was Sept 2010. I believe they are allowed to extend the date twice, which (please correct me if anyone knows for sure) they've already done, meaning they have to have occupancy in Dec 2011(with some 15 day extensions I believe?).

I hear what you guys are saying but what if the building just isn't ready to be occupied by the December 2011 date? How will the builder be held accountable?

So I went in today to visit the office, catch up with the rep that sold me my unit and to get some information. From what I was told, Phase 1 is 90% sold and Phase 2 is 75 - 80%. They're going to break ground around mid-June - July. They're going to start Phase 1 first of course (I figured they'd build both at the same time, as it would probably save them money construction cost wise). I was also told that if the sales continue to be this strong that they're going to launch Phase 3 in Sept. Also prices in Phase 1 have gone up an additional $10 000 as of today. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather outside.

I have been following this sight for updates on Phase 1 Electric City. Thanks for all the info. I have also purchased a condo in Phase 1 and am anxious to see it get started. I also spoke to Amy at the sales office this week and she informed me that they are waiting for permits to get things rolling. They are hoping to break ground very soon (June - July)

I have been following this sight for updates on Phase 1 Electric City. Thanks for all the info. I have also purchased a condo in Phase 1 and am anxious to see it get started. I also spoke to Amy at the sales office this week and she informed me that they are waiting for permits to get things rolling. They are hoping to break ground very soon (June - July)

At 7:00 am today they were moving heavy machines onto the lot......so I think its has begun!

tractor!!!!

Watch out, we've got a small tractor / digger thing on site.... i hope he's not the only guy doing the excavation! Anybody know how many subfloors are gonna be excavated, like how many basement parking levels there will be?

pic of excavator:

Attachments

• P1000171.jpg
    P1000171.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 252
Watch out, we've got a small tractor / digger thing on site.... i hope he's not the only guy doing the excavation! Anybody know how many subfloors are gonna be excavated, like how many basement parking levels there will be?

pic of excavator:

2 parking levels, shared with the current buildings.........

I would hope that they would have a ground breaking celebration, I personally would like to be there when the first shovel goes in.

Back