Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

From what I know (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) shoring are the supports that hold the dirt back during construction underground. I felt the Dec 2011 was very optimistic too, but I would love to hope that it is possible.

Checking on the City website, the permits for the building are:

09 199695 BLD 00 NB Phase 1 building Status UNDER REVIEW
09 199687 BLD 00 NB Phase 2 building Status UNDER REVIEW

These were submitted in December 2009. There are a handful of HVAC and plumbing ones that were submitted in January that are "Not Started". How long do building permits usually take? We're approaching 9 months since they were submitted...

These were submitted in December 2009. There are a handful of HVAC and plumbing ones that were submitted in January that are "Not Started". How long do building permits usually take? We're approaching 9 months since they were submitted...

You should send this queston to Rob Falus. This is soooooo frustrating. We deserve a straight answer !!

Hi,

Funny thing is I looked too and found the same info on toronto.ca. I was thinking the same thing as you are how come it's taking so long. I do know the developer has 3 other projects on the go 1. Brownstones on the park 2. Commercial building on Wallace 3. Brownstone's on Bloor. But should this matter at all to us...no becuase I was told that once they have 70% sold that construction would start then .....which has been sold at 70% since spring 2010...and is now 90% sold for phase one, 80 % sold for phase two.

So the matter is why are they not getting the permit and pestering them for it.....I would be calling the city and asking why has it not been approved...but I work during office times...and I can't call......I can't afford to be waiting until 2012 for completion becuase i am wasting my money paying for rent until then...but on the other hand I can save for a better down payment....I think RF should be more communicative with us his clients....which he has not been.

Hi,

Funny thing is I looked too and found the same info on toronto.ca. I was thinking the same thing as you are how come it's taking so long. I do know the developer has 3 other projects on the go 1. Brownstones on the park 2. Commercial building on Wallace 3. Brownstone's on Bloor. But should this matter at all to us...no becuase I was told that once they have 70% sold that construction would start then .....which has been sold at 70% since spring 2010...and is now 90% sold for phase one, 80 % sold for phase two.

So the matter is why are they not getting the permit and pestering them for it.....I would be calling the city and asking why has it not been approved...but I work during office times...and I can't call......I can't afford to be waiting until 2012 for completion becuase i am wasting my money paying for rent until then...but on the other hand I can save for a better down payment....I think RF should be more communicative with us his clients....which he has not been.

I agree..... every month that I pay rent to my landlord is money that could be going towards MY mortage not my landlords mortgage. When I/we decided to purchase in Phase One, the 2 year completion date was a bit of a turn off. We were assured by the sales office that the date should be no later than Dec 2011 because the condos were at 75% sold and therefore construction would commence "early spring" . If they had said 2-3 years we would have walked !!

Has anyone already sent this question via email to him?

I sent an email a few weeks ago asking what was the hold up. RF answered that they were still waiting on shoring permit. Thats were it ended. Has anyone else gotten more information ??

i have not emailed him yet, so feel free if anyone already had been communicating with him. I wonder what the standard wait time for permit approval is? I was thinking maybe not much gets done over the summer at the permit office, so maybe we can expect approval in the coming weeks? Thats being optimistic of course...

Curious to know if anyone has gone by the sales centre as of late, if the have started to sell phase three and four or just phase three. Was thinking of going by there this week to ask about the delay and inquire about the future phases, but won't have time to this week.

Curious to know if anyone has gone by the sales centre as of late, if the have started to sell phase three and four or just phase three. Was thinking of going by there this week to ask about the delay and inquire about the future phases, but won't have time to this week.

Hi,

I was there three weeks ago....and I was talking to a sales rep. She did mention the plan was to launch 3 & 4 this Sept. but as of yet I have not seen ads.

As for information from Robert Falus....well if we as a collective want o have some solid info from him lets all get together and sign a petion outlining our interests and the lack of communication on his part. This called customer service.................I have made this commitment and many have also...so why can we not get simple information in regards to this project, he my be busy but this is no excuss not to convey updates to his customers......

His office is on Lansdowne........

Last edited:

I follow a condo sales agent on Twitter and recently (a week or two back), I saw a tweet about phase 3 being available for VIP/agent sales soon/now. So it sounds like it's moving along...

I follow a condo sales agent on Twitter and recently (a week or two back), I saw a tweet about phase 3 being available for VIP/agent sales soon/now. So it sounds like it's moving along...

Hi,

Do you remember the name of the agent?

Cheers

R.

Hi,

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 18: Davenport

Application#: 09 199695 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Oct 1, 2010

Project: Apartment Building Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: FOUNDATION PERMIT FOR BUILDING F - Part Permit - Construct new 14 storey residential apartment building (Building F) on former lands occupied by American Standard containing 297 residential dwelling units complete with two levels of below grade parking. Refer to related permit for new apartment building located at 812 Lansdowne Ave-Building E.

Last edited:
Is this site 830 Lansdowne Avenue?

From http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningApp.do

830 LANSDOWNE AVE
OPA / Rezoning 10 265956 STE 18 OZ Ward 18
- Tor & E.York Sep 27, 2010 Application Submitted Sep 27, 2010 Industrial 4,325 0 0 562 12,849 --- --- Hewston, Jamaica
416-392-0758
Official Plan and Zoning By law amendment to permit the re-development fo the lands for a new mixed use development complete with 44,971 sqaure metres of floor area for commercial and residential purposes. The redevelopment includes the retention of the existing building at the corner for commercial purposes, and the construction of 562 residential dwelling units in two towers. 723 parking spaces to serve the development are proposed, 601 of which will be located below grade. Please note that City Planning will be preparing an amendment to the Davenport Village Secondary Plan to include this site within the Secondary Plan.

Back