Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Has anyone heard anything about the build quality that the developer has or offers? Does anyone know anyone in the Foundary Lofts, do they enjoy their units, build quality, etc? I'm curious to know.

A friend of mine lives in the Foundry Lofts, and the quality of his unit is very good. Their unit is great, and yes they do enjoy it and the building. I'm hoping the same will hold true for this development.

A friend of mine lives in the Foundry Lofts, and the quality of his unit is very good. Their unit is great, and yes they do enjoy it and the building. I'm hoping the same will hold true for this development.

I used to be in the trades as a carpenter...and to me the finishes are good quality.....not to shabby....you can also do improvements at a very resonable cost......once you move into the unit

Well I have recived a letter from the developer that spring '10 will be ground breaking............well it may happen......I did call R. Falus and he did say it maybe early spring.............so thats positive

Green Roofs

Hey Everyone,

There hasn't been any ground breaking yet, but i'm hoping it'll happen real soon.

On a side note, someone had posted that the city of Toronto has put forward a new building law that requires buildings to have green roofs. Although this doesn't apply to phase 1 of the building project, it still is a great idea to consider constructing anyway. It serves as a great temperature regulator (keeps heat in during winter and keeps heat away during summer) and also provides a visually appealing space for the residents and raises the value of the building. The city of toronto offers thousands of dollars worth of building grants and rebates for energy retrofits. Construction can be done during construction or even after. What does everyone think of this? Do you think this is something we can bring forward to Robert F. or maybe something the condo board can discuss when it is assembled?

Also, does anyone know what sort of recycling facilities will be available for the tenants? I know that most buildings have a duel chute systems (1 for garbage and 1 for recyclables). I hope that Robert F. is thinking for the future when creating the infrastructure for the building.

Comments and opinions are welcome and encouraged!

I would definitely be on board for approaching Robert Falus on the green roof issue. Another option for a large roof space would be to rent out the roof area for a company to put up solar panels. There are a couple of toronto companies that will pay to lease roof space for photovoltaic cells. This income could help reduce fees or it can be used for various condo improvement initiatives. We might find, however, that the current roof has not been designed to hold either a green roof or PV panels. In this case the developers might just say no or demand some sort of formal initiative to approach the issue.

Rob

Last edited:
I remember asking about recycling and they did say that there was going to be recycling available. Now I'm curious to know if it'll be a two chute or three chute (compost as well). As for the green roof, I'd be up for that.

They should really milk the "upside down" theme for all it's worth--like, maybe use a Paul Hogan or Yahoo Serious pitch...

There is substantial earth moving going on around this site, so I'd guess they've broken ground in a practical sense. I didn't snap a photo - sorry.

There might only be one chute for garbage/recycling/organic, with buttons to instruct the tri-sorter which bin is the destination. It works well, and occupies a minor footprint, although it was major headache in my building during the start-up and move-in phase, as it needs careful calibration and frequent maintenance checks.

There is substantial earth moving going on around this site, so I'd guess they've broken ground in a practical sense. I didn't snap a photo - sorry.

There might only be one chute for garbage/recycling/organic, with buttons to instruct the tri-sorter which bin is the destination. It works well, and occupies a minor footprint, although it was major headache in my building during the start-up and move-in phase, as it needs careful calibration and frequent maintenance checks.

I think that you maybe refering to the site across the street becuase the site where Phase 1 & 2 is not active yet.

I second that last post, I was by the site yesterday and there has been no activity. I'll be moving into the standard lofts this weekend and my apartment has a good view of the site. I'll keep this website updated whenever progress is made.

rob

I second that last post, I was by the site yesterday and there has been no activity. I'll be moving into the standard lofts this weekend and my apartment has a good view of the site. I'll keep this website updated whenever progress is made.

rob

I do have some news, I did see a bunch of business types with a foreman looking at the area yesterday, and they had a big meeting on the Standard property....so I am pretty sure that they are devising a start plan....I guessing but it could be May that they will break ground (Wild guess).

Thanks Rikk for the update. Keep us posted ! I'm really anxious for them to start digging.

Hi,

I talked to Tom and Rob, the developer, on April 8. They told me that the construction of Phase I will start in June.:)

Also, I got the following sales update from the sales office:
Phase I over 80% sold
Phase II over 70% sold

Back