News   Jul 12, 2024
 893     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 802     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 333     0 

Updates: Like we used to have 'em

Hey, this should be in the development section of the board.

Huh? I posted it in projects and construction. One of the mods must have moved it.

Guys, not to get catty, but I spent damn near seven hours on this yesterday. I was hoping it would go in the section that people actually read?

The UT policy is to have multiple threads like this go into the photo section while individual projects go into their respective threads in P&C. Otherwise the individual threads will be ignored.

If you don't mind I'm willing to post these into their individual threads while preserving this thread here.

The UT policy is to have multiple threads like this go into the photo section while individual projects go into their respective threads in P&C. Otherwise the individual threads will be ignored.

I don't think there is any danger of the individual threads being ignored. I think there is a danger of good threads like this being ignored...and the potential posters of these threads not bothering if the posts are confined to the photo section. Just my 2 cents and in support of Sir Novelty Fashion.

SNF: Thank you for the time you put into this.

I for one pay attention to the City Photos section. I find much enjoyable material heere. Having said that, I check this section less often than the others, and I am probably not the only one.

thanks for a wonderful update...i think i speak for all of the expats on UT in saying how great it is to get these glimpses of the boom back home.

does anyone know what is going on with one bedford? surely they should be digging by now, if they demolished those houses, which at least brought in some rent. i am praying this doesn't turn into a temp parking lot--it's one of the projects i am most excited about, since kpmb have, unlike both of the other big hometown firms, pretty consistently exceeded expectations in their recent projects.

Thanks for the awesome old-time update, SNF. Much appreciated.

I think people might spend a bit more time in this section if there was a bit more Toronto and a bit less of everything else.

If you don't mind I'm willing to post these into their individual threads while preserving this thread here.

I never thought this policy made much sense.

Excellent update. Yeh there's lots of holes about, but this time next year there will certainly be lots more to photograph with many of these buildings taking shape.

I would have thought that excavation would have started on 1Bedford by now. RBC is rising fast- not sure if I'm going to like this tower but maybe it will surprise. Telus should be cool building- at least at lobby level. Yeh I really like that stone cladding on RCM- nicely done.

Ed: by all means, please do.

The official threads are a great idea, and I don't think that their status would be jeopardized by the occasional tour. All the same, as Cassius said, if there was a bit more Toronto in the City Photos section, I might stick my head in a bit more often...

Great update and many thanks!

The sassy comments were most welcome, too!

Thanks for an amzining update! I really miss these!

A few cityplace comments:
- The building on the NE corner of spad/bremner is Neo/montage, not Luna.
- The bare concrete blocks making up the ground level walls of the Gallery building (not well seen in these photos) are really grating on me - i'm praying that concord is planning on covering this with some sort of cladding. Otherwise, this will be a huge eyesore
- Has anyone seen the bizarre mechanical looking stairway from spadina going up to West 1...it looks like the whole thing rotates on some kind of gear system - very cool!

It is great to have construction roundups once in a while. Seems every building is either almost finished or a big hole in the ground - this time next year we'll be seeing storey after storey fly up.

As for Varsity stadium, a "box office and beacon" are slated for that void next to RCM's wall.

Ed: by all means, please do.

The official threads are a great idea, and I don't think that their status would be jeopardized by the occasional tour. All the same, as Cassius said, if there was a bit more Toronto in the City Photos section, I might stick my head in a bit more often...

When I first became an admistrator we went with the one thread per project idea. At first we were pretty strict and cut up threads like this. It seemed to work but after a while we got lazy and these threads started to show up again. At that point I noticed that the individual threads were starting to get less traction. So when we moved to vBulletin we started to get more strict about this again.

And yes we are thinking about changing some of the sections including having seperate city and world photo sections.

Great overview so thanks for that. I'll work on the individual threads this evening.

"...sections including having seperate city and world photo sections."

Sounds like a good idea- we won't have to wade through all that foreign crap to get to the good stuff :)

Back