News   Oct 02, 2024
 223     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 349     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 438     0 

Union Station: Union Pearson Group Proposal

Unfortunately it is not that easy to issue bonds and then get this rolling.

For the bonds there are many intricate details that need to be worked out. It must be done in a way that the interest that is paid is worthwhile to the investor. If it is not, then no investor will buy it.

Then there is credit ratings that also need to be taken into account. How well is the credit rating of the city and their abilility to pay back the money?

Sounds like a great plan but it is not even as remotely easy as how you just said it. The things I mentioned above and just some of the issues. Trust me, there are many more things to consider. I know that because I work in the debt finance area for an international organization.

The bonds sold very quickly because it was backed by fees generated by the airport. The very fact that they have a monopoly on these fees made them attractive.

You could possibly create a REIT-type investment, where you could raise capital and provide returns on the leases to the unit holders. They would also take on the risk. There are obvious issues though relating to if there is enough possible return to even make this a practical thing - which I don't think it would be.

This is great news. Anyone who has lived or worked along Etobicoke Lakeshore knows how the 501 streetcar is simply not fast enough way downtown, because it gets held up when it hits Parkdale. This bypasses Queen entirely, taking it right to the ROW along the Queensway. Perfect.

Enviro:

Thanks for posting - the Exec. Summary from the 93' EA looks really quite interesting.

AoD

Note how what was built on the 509 route between Spadina and the CNE completely rejects the preferred route in the 1993 EA. Now it seems unlikely that a southerly run past Ontario Place would be built although it will be interesting to see how the streetcar loop at Exhibition would be extended to Dufferin with the GO Station and the Gardiner in the way.

First PIC for the EA is Nov 27 at Church of The Holly Family at 1372 King St W and Nov 28 at Nation Trade Centre.

The Lake Shore line should still be on the table and connect with the Long Branch Line at Parklawn. Run the current plan extension to Dufferin loop as both lines will provide different types of travel as well opening up the waterfront more for the public.

From Lake Shore and Palace Pier to the Humber Loop, the walking time is 7.55 minutes subject to traffic as well adding the travel time from the condo building to test point. Higher the traffic, the longer the travel time.

Not hard to run the LRT over the Humber on the Lake Shore.

Does much GO-TTC transferring happen at the Exhibition stations and is there much demand for GO riders getting off there and connecting to workplaces northeast of the Ex?

There are some transferring to TTC and some going to business on the north side of the tracks. Outside of events at Exhibition Place the station is far from heavily used.

I wonder if that'll change once Liberty Village fills in and becomes more of an employment district. In theory it would be much more convenient to hop off at the Exhibition and take a streetcar up to King, if one were available.

They have an access point on the north side of the tracks and it is a very short walk to King. I have gone that way to avoid an order crowded 509 platform.

I wonder if that'll change once Liberty Village fills in and becomes more of an employment district. In theory it would be much more convenient to hop off at the Exhibition and take a streetcar up to King, if one were available.
Speaking of, word is CORUS is about to move a bunch of their creative employees out of Liberty Village to...Oakville! Lower wages and lower taxes always seem to rule the day, now even in the creative inudstries.

Lower wages and lower taxes always seem to rule the day, now even in the creative inudstries.

Happy Capitalism! but seriously, they are scooping up all the talent out of Sheridan College's Sheridan Centre for Animation and Emerging Technologies (SCAET).

Back