News   Sep 06, 2024
 2.9K     3 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 2K     8 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 668     0 

Ultra Ovation (MCC, Tridel/Dorsay, 32s)

from drum118's photos, it appears that the balcony undersides are being painted ... there is maybe 8 more floors of balconies to paint

I saw it in person today, and the brownish-blue glass on the flatter sides looks kind of crappy. The bright blue glass looks better.

And I also I do think that the Ovation buildings should have had space ground level retail along Burnhamthorpe. The office building to the west has space and Citygate has space, so Ovation should have as well.

I saw it in person today, and the brownish-blue glass on the flatter sides looks kind of crappy. The bright blue glass looks better.

And I also I do think that the Ovation buildings should have had space ground level retail along Burnhamthorpe. The office building to the west has space and Citygate has space, so Ovation should have as well.

Don't forget that office building is only haft the size it should be to the point they gave up and build the surface parking lot on top of the foundation.

All the buildings on the south side are toooooooo!!!! far back from the street edge. That excess land and some of Burnhamthorpe Rd could be use to build a 4-6 story complete in front of those building and that where you could put some retail as I would not make it 100%.

Right now you have enough room to put in 10-11 lanes of traffic and with the city now looking at 4 lanes of traffic and 2 for LRT, that will leave with 60 feet to work with.

I believe Mississauga City Centre had always contemplated a 'linear park' along the south side of Burnhamthorpe Road, which explains why the buildings on the south side are set so far back ...

Don't forget that office building is only haft the size it should be to the point they gave up and build the surface parking lot on top of the foundation.

All the buildings on the south side are toooooooo!!!! far back from the street edge. That excess land and some of Burnhamthorpe Rd could be use to build a 4-6 story complete in front of those building and that where you could put some retail as I would not make it 100%.

Right now you have enough room to put in 10-11 lanes of traffic and with the city now looking at 4 lanes of traffic and 2 for LRT, that will leave with 60 feet to work with.

If you consider the width of Burnhamthorpe, there is nothing wrong with the buildings set far back. This is what Paris did with its boulevards, like the Champs-Élysées, which seems to have more pedestrians than even Yonge, based on photos.

Burnhamthorpe will never be narrow as Queen or Yonge, espeically if you start adding LRT and bike lanes, so there is no point in trying emulate those narrow streets.

If you consider the width of Burnhamthorpe, there is nothing wrong with the buildings set far back. This is what Paris did with its boulevards, like the Champs-Élysées, which seems to have more pedestrians than even Yonge, based on photos.

Burnhamthorpe will never be narrow as Queen or Yonge, espeically if you start adding LRT and bike lanes, so there is no point in trying emulate those narrow streets.

Yes development plans have discussed using this exact type of land for retail uses a couple of years ago now.

3711203545_c845872ac1_b.jpg

I believe Mississauga City Centre had always contemplated a 'linear park' along the south side of Burnhamthorpe Road, which explains why the buildings on the south side are set so far back ...

They should'nt have. A linear park along a major street screams "tower-in-the-park. I know the Champs-Elysees is like that, but then Paris has a lot of main streets, Mississauga doesn't. Also, it isn't that MCC has a shortage of planned parkland, linear at that. Too much I'd say, probably due to that tower-in-the-park mentality.

July 27 2009 update

please pardon the poor quality cell phone camera ~

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

pretty good pics for a cell phone, Solaris....better than mine would take....thx

Scaled Model

thanks to ProjectEnd's leads to MBA Models

now that Ultra Olvation is basically completed ... it seems to be very consistent to the scaled model ~

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:

Back