News   Apr 23, 2024
 401     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Ultra Ovation (MCC, Tridel/Dorsay, 32s)

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't believe this isn't up here somewhere. It's a really cool and modern looking building. Very different from the rest of the "Ovation" buildings that were built at this Tridel development in Mississauga.

The building:
building_400.jpg

The lobby:
lobby_400.jpg
lobby2_400.jpg

The pool:
pool_400.jpg
pool2_400.jpg

The crane is now up. I'm not sure how long it has been up, but it can't have been very long, as I didn't see it last time I went past the area.

http://www.tridel.com/ultraovation/

The interior design seems nice but the exterior is simply more of the same crap thats being thrown up everywhere. Lets be honest, there is little if anything of real architectural merit here. A rounded cylinder placed within two smaller, slightly more square volumes...Wow. I wouldn't go as far as to say its silly, but I'm sorry, in the end Ultra Ovulation just doesn't do it for me.

It looks okay. Better than the standard Mississauga fare and certainly better than the other Ovation buildings.

Well personally I wasn't saying it is amazing. I like the colours of it. I just meant what ganjavih said. It's far better than the other Ovation buildings. The weird thing is that it's so different looking from them, which is kind of weird. You think they all would have looked different or all the same, instead of 3 the same, and one different.

2 pics from today (more in MCC update in the City Photos section) - crane now up!

mccnov1304.jpg

mccnov1305.jpg

thx for the pic vistaway...actually, the headline for the thread should be changed to "MCC:Ultra Ovation", to distinguish it from the other Ovation buildings....phunky? :)

I'm wondering if someone changed the topic name from Ultra Ovation to Ovation already... I don't remember naming it that, but yes it should be Ultra Ovation.

Progress as of today...moving up at exactly one floor per week...

01102008223.jpg

It's nice to see how small the floorplate of this one is as compared to the hulking towers of phase 1 & 2...

yup I think this is the only 'point tower' in the 4 Ovation buildings? which makes it unique ... but it may have been nice too if they just kept the pattern and mirrored Grand Ovation ...

looking at earlier photos posted .... holy moly didn't realise this site has 5 hunking levels of underground parking ... way to go Sauga!

Back