Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
the jesusland independence party: "rapture is our #1 priority. actually, it's our only priority."

Yeah the Republicons/neo-conservative evangelical NUTJOBS that (apparently there are a LOT of them in both Canada & the US) had their eight years of ripping their country to pieces in the name of "patriotism", "war on terror" and "freedom" are finally reaping the fruits of their labour: the richest country in the world is 3 trillion dollars in debt and BROKE and took the global economy with it.

WHY do conservatives espouse being fiscally responsible and WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE IT????
When conservatism is just another word for "make my friends and me obscenely RICH and who cares about repurcussions". It happened in Ontario (Mike Harris) and now Canada (Harper) and it happened on a massive global scale in the US with Bush.

this is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GI_qkNx72Q

Yeah the Republicons/neo-conservative evangelical NUTJOBS that (apparently there are a LOT of them in both Canada & the US) had their eight years of ripping their country to pieces in the name of "patriotism", "war on terror" and "freedom" are finally reaping the fruits of their labour: the richest country in the world is 3 trillion dollars in debt and BROKE and took the global economy with it.

WHY do conservatives espouse being fiscally responsible and WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE IT???? When conservatism is just another word for "make my friends and me obscenely RICH and who cares about repurcussions". It happened in Ontario (Mike Harris) and now Canada (Harper) and it happened on a massive global scale in the US with Bush.

Just don't let the Obama/Democratic Congressional victories lead you to believe the US is "over conservatism" now. Right now I'm not sure whether the US has sustained a true shift or if this is a temporary blip on the radar. Obama's election was as much a reaction to Bush and his policies as support for the Democrats and Obama's policies.

The US can still be a harshly conservative nation on the whole, while Canada has its right wing nutjobs they have seriously lower organization skills and much less per capita relative to the US, so I think Canada is relatively better off.

Doesn't mean a Harper/Conservative majority isn't possible in the future and some real mistakes to be made.

Well, just wait until an Obama assassination launches a Civil War II and thence a tabloid-trash tinpot dictatorship

yep Adma, you got it... my biggest fear now is that Obama will be assassinated. There are just too many haters and people with vested interests in maintaining the status quo world order. They'll manufacture their own apocalypse down there.

Curiously I also suspected that McCain would have been a prime target for assassination, whether by bullet or tampering with his old man pills. It seemed to me that there was likely an element of the Republican Party machinery that pushed him to pick Palin as his VP candidate that would have liked to see her take the reins and continue the ignorant and reckless ways of GWB.

The irony is that Obama's administration is looking pretty much like the status quo. Its already shaping up to be a Clinton 2.0 administration with the people he is picking, and Obama actually sounds more willing to bend to Republican interests than Clinton from what he says.

But the key is Congress. Both the House and Senate have a pretty solid Democratic majority now, and that means Obama can be effective if he WANTS. So we'll see how this pans out.

cheese-pic1.jpg

Last edited:
Curiously I also suspected that McCain would have been a prime target for assassination, whether by bullet or tampering with his old man pills. It seemed to me that there was likely an element of the Republican Party machinery that pushed him to pick Palin as his VP candidate that would have liked to see her take the reins and continue the ignorant and reckless ways of GWB.

Well, I'd earlier offered the possibility of Palin overthrowing a President McCain in an internal coup d'etat--though less as a continuation than as a perversion of GWB's ways. "Ignorant and reckless" as the Dubyah regime was, they surely would never have stooped to such overtly comical levels of domestic self-assertion...

Last edited:
Well, just wait until an Obama assassination launches a Civil War II and thence a tabloid-trash tinpot dictatorship

Wow I really really hope Obama has iron-clad 24/7 rest of his life security befitting of any american president.

The wackos from Westboro Baptist Church to protect Obama's Grandmother's funeral

Westboro Baptist Church Plans to Protest Obama's Grandmother's Funeral

From Digital Journal website:

Barack Obama and his family are planning to have a private memorial service and burial for their grandmother, Madelyn Dunham very soon. The Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest Obama’s grandmother funeral like they did others.

Madelyn Dunham died on Nov. 3, the day before her grandson was elected. Obama’s family is planning to have a private burial soon. The location and date of the funeral were not disclosed to the press to keep the ceremony private.

But the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) members are planning to protest the funeral. The group previously protested a soldier’s funeral and others.

WBC released a statement about this protest:

WBC to picket the funeral of Madelyn Payne Dunham, - pursuant to the picketing laws of Hawaii or Kansas or, etc., wherever burial occurs, - in religious protest and warning to the living; to wit: "Prepare to meet thy God."

The burial ceremony will be either this week or next. Obama and his family are also planning a small private memorial, which his grandmother requested by end of this year.

Fred Phelps and his "Westboro Baptist Church" have to be the most hateful, demented scumbags currently infesting the territory of the U.S.A. They are the ultimate expression of the American rightwing "evangelical" disease.

4-wbc-signs.jpg

US Election 2008-Some comments after one week...

Everyone: After more then a week away from the Internet I wanted to chime in on Barack Obama's win last week-I as many do hope for change with the new administration coming in 2009.

BrandonTO416's map was almost exactly correct in his prediction-with just Indiana and North Carolina going to Obama instead of McCain.

Just as I had figured Sarah Palin's Vice-Presidential canidadacy drew down John McCain's campaign-I feel that he really wanted a moderate like Tom Ridge but he caved in to the Republican Party's vocal right-wing extreme-I feel that Palin was forced on him to his chagrin eventually leading to their defeat-let alone the bad economy among other reasons there.

Talk show host Bill Mahre talked recently about the differences between the Republican Party in the US and the Canadian Conservative Party-he noted that Canada does not have the extreme right wing leanings like the US Republicans do.

WK Lis and Mongo posted that protesters from Fred Phelps' wacko church will picket Barack Obama's grandmother's funeral-they should be denied any access by the Obama family and the Secret Service.

I really wonder what the Right Wing has in store for the Obama Presidency-I wonder if they will look for any way to compromise his Presidency-like they were after Bill Clinton in the 90s from day one of his Presidency.

I am hoping for a United front-the USA and the World have deep problems and partisan petty politics just will get in the way of trying our best to solve them. I-among many others are hoping for the best.....Long Island Mike

Last edited:
Wow I really really hope Obama has iron-clad 24/7 rest of his life security befitting of any american president.

Though regarding a "Civil War II" prospect, I've been wondering what might happen if a figurehead of the *right* gets assassinated--perhaps not so much a politician (let alone Dubyah) as a media figure such as Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly...

Though regarding a "Civil War II" prospect, I've been wondering what might happen if a figurehead of the *right* gets assassinated--perhaps not so much a politician (let alone Dubyah) as a media figure such as Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly...

Clearly there will be threats on Bush Jr.'s life for the rest of it as well. But he'll be ensconced at whatever his ranch is called in Texas until he drops dead anyway. Somehow I don't think there would be as much outrage if something were to happen to him, all it would take would be one hunting trip with Cheney anyway!

Back