News   Jul 09, 2024
 175     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 439     0 

TTC Website Redesign

While it's true that a couple of nerdy tenth-graders could make a better website than TTC's current one in a single afternoon, I certainly hope that they're shooting for something higher than high-school grade.

While it's true that a couple of nerdy tenth-graders could make a better website than TTC's current one in a single afternoon, I certainly hope that they're shooting for something higher than high-school grade.

you mean like thier current site? :(

You're wildly underestimating the high-tech-savviness of some high schoolers...especially since half the people that create "professional" websites are no older than about 21.

Here's Joe Clark's opinion on Devlin from his handicapping blog post:

Devlin eBusiness (sic) Architects

Well, they’re pushing their work for CNIB (tables for layout, but it works in Jaws and IE6, so it must be accessible), and TTC staff are too clueless to see through that. From a code standpoint, the homepage is a disaster. Nonetheless, they stand a good chance of snowing the Web-ignorant TTC, which, weaned on a diet of human-rights complaints, thinks disabled = blind = CNIB.
8:1

Young kids know a lot about technology and can make things look cool - but they cannot cope or deal with policies and procedures in large public facing institutions that have a raft of requirements for accessibility, accessible language, different languages, etc., and a complicated process for testing, approvals and launch - that come into it. It's too bad in many ways - hard to capture the creativity of the younger people. Their talents first need to be ground down by the weathered and unforgiving hand of bureaucracy long and hard - then they are of some use.

Young kids know a lot about technology and can make things look cool - but they cannot cope or deal with policies and procedures in large public facing institutions that have a raft of requirements for accessibility, accessible language, different languages, etc., and a complicated process for testing, approvals and launch - that come into it. It's too bad in many ways - hard to capture the creativity of the younger people. Their talents first need to be ground down by the weathered and unforgiving hand of bureaucracy long and hard - then they are of some use.

So get a bureaucrat/consultant to tell the kids what the site needs, total cost: $120,030...$120,000 for an afternoon of the bureaucrat/consultant's time plus pizza for the kids.

“Antagonism�

if you read his post, none of the firms meet his expectations. now if that isn't antagonism, I don't know what is...

Of so many possible snippets from so many blog posts, you choose that one as “antagonis[tic].†Did you even read my many postings on the TTC Web redesign?

Back