News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

1) How can we force the local riders to stand and leave the seats free for far-out riders, on the outbound trains.
2) The existing mainline rail regulations will not allow very short intervals between the trains.
3) The existing GO bi-levels take forever to load and unload, and thus they are not suitable for subway-like frequencies.

Much benefit can be obtained from the thoughtful use of the existing rail lines, but that requires significant capital investments. User "rbt" posted a number of $5 billion earlier in this thread, and that seems a good ballpark.

Case and point.
You bring no value to this conversation.
Flow Technology Innovation increased LINE 1 CAPACITY BY 50% in just 36 days in AM Peak Hour.
So what do you work at aside from insults and disgracing of others?

So no evidence that you had a consulting contract? Just TTC service data presented as your own work.

And then personal attacks on others.

The bottom line is, the background work that I've been working is, my work is the reason behind the last minute $3 GO trains. It is also the background reason for why Doug announced a subway to Markham and a subway to Pickering. This will be later "upgraded" to "Smart Subways" with no digging, saving tens of billions.

I wish you well in your ongoing efforts but until there is actual proof Doug is going to throw his Scarborough base over the rails with a "Transfer City" you work is more appropriate in the fantasy maps thread and possibly to some extent the merits of the SSE thread. . While I might not agree with your entire plan as the solution it does seem you have poured you heart into what you do. Again I wish you best of luck

The bottom line is, the background work that I've been working is, my work is the reason behind the last minute $3 GO trains. It is also the background reason for why Doug announced a subway to Markham and a subway to Pickering. This will be later "upgraded" to "Smart Subways" with no digging, saving tens of billions.
Just do us all a favour here and file all of this information you've gathered and don't show it to anyone

View attachment 155338
Thank you OneCity. You are a thoughtful person. I thought this blogging organization would love to hear the "real story behind the politician story". I am confident, at the end of the day, Doug will be doing no digging except for the Sheppard Subway ( which I support ), and maybe a more innovative version of the relief subway, which I presented to Doug in person in 2014. I am just going public with this work now, so all will know the truth.... where and why the SSE will be trashed. View attachment 155338 View attachment 155338
I am still having trouble following.
Your maps/diagrams are awfully busy with a lot going on. Posting each image 2 or 3 times also make it harder to follow (you know you can edit your post and delete the duplicate images).
In your perhaps first post (https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ronto-design-phase.2975/page-966#post-1370621), you seemed to have the line going only as far as Kennedy Station. Here it is going to Eglinton Station. Is this a different line? There are no North-South tracks going to Eglinton station.

I am still having trouble following.
Your maps/diagrams are awfully busy with a lot going on. Posting each image 2 or 3 times also make it harder to follow (you know you can edit your post and delete the duplicate images).
In your perhaps first post (https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ronto-design-phase.2975/page-966#post-1370621), you seemed to have the line going only as far as Kennedy Station. Here it is going to Eglinton Station. Is this a different line? There are no North-South tracks going to Eglinton station.

There is certainly a lot of mystery in these interesting works of art. I assumed the "E" was Ellesmere and the other 2 stops were at McCowan, SCC along a similar alignment to what exists.

@subway safety If this is the case would riders be expected to transfer at Ellesmere and again Kennedy to access the BDL? That would become a very inefficient and inconvenient way to access the Center.

Last edited:
Basically you have Line 2 subway to Kennedy.

You have a separate "Smart Subway" between Kennedy and Markham, just require 6 short red trains that in effect, create the 2 Way Frequent Every 5 Minutes "subway like service" all the way to Markham.

If you are going to the STC you get off at Ellesmere and there are frequent shuttles to STC. This sections requires no renovations, and just 3 trains.

You can access any of these trains for a TTC Fare. If you wish to take any of the long Green Trains to downtown Toronto, they also are just a TTC Fare, or FREE WITH A PREPAID TTC FARE.

The goal is to save taxpayers the 9 Billion Dollar Relief Subway and the 5 Billion Dollar SSE.

All while people save money on every ride. All while having an up and running subway service to Markham within 1 year.

14 Billion Dollar Taxpayer Savings.

All rides from Markham to Downtown Toronto JUST AT THE COST OF A TTC FARE!

STC users wishing to go downtown, take the SRT to Ellesmere and than transfer onto the LONG GO Train to Union at 'NO EXTRA CHARGE'. and travel in half the regular time.

All while saving 14 Billion Dollars.

No SSE required.
No Relief Subway required.

This is why Doug announced a subway to Markham. He will later annnouce, "we found efficiency savings using Sharon Yetman's Transit Innovation Work". This is why, the desire to upload the subway system. So "cost savings" and "efficiencies" can be found.

Will see...... if Doug is serious on saving money and finding efficiencies.

This specific part of the plan sounds completely unsupportable by the key stakeholders.

Expecting residents accessing the BDL to transfer twice in a short distance is not going to go over well after the last few decades of chaos. Even the old RT is more efficient and that's setting the bar low to start with. This has been a point of contention with residents and politically even with the Fords.

This idea would piss off all developers who finally had some clarity with a seamless subway connection, it would piss off residents who have been jerked around with everyones favorite plan for decades and in turn give a very poor central connection (worst possible connection to date), you piss off the City, more importantly local council and clearly Mayor Tory would never support this. Aside from the straight forward Smarttrack ideas in your plan, the other parts of your plan would create political chaos and contradict all of what Ford(s) stood up against as it pertains to this specific line.

Absolute chaos

Last edited:
There is certainly a lot of mystery in these interesting works of art. I assumed the "E" was Ellesmere and the other 2 stops were at McCowan, SCC along a similar alignment to what exists.

@subway safety If this is the case would riders be expected to transfer at Ellesmere and again Kennedy to access the BDL? That would become a very inefficient and inconvenient way to access the Center.
I see it now, it a line diagram on its side. Markham to Kennedy is the main line and STC to Ellesmere is the stub.

Basically you have Line 2 subway to Kennedy.
You have a separate "Smart Subway" between Kennedy and Markham, just require 6 short red trains that in effect, create the 2 Way Frequent Every 5 Minutes "subway like service" all the way to Markham.
. . . .
If you wish to take any of the long Green Trains to downtown Toronto, they also are just a TTC Fare, or FREE WITH A PREPAID TTC FARE.
So does the long Green GO trains only stop at the two "ends" (i.e. Markham and Kennedy), and the short Red trains pick people up and drop them off at the 2 "end" stations? Or
Does the long Green GO trains stop at all intermediate stations and riders have the option at all stations of getting on a Red or Green train?

[I will leave STC out of it for now just to try to understand the basics.]

Back