News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 535     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Kids were really stupid before tiktok, I believe there were a lot of stupid incidents in the 80's involving teens on the TTC

It's gotten a lot worse. I have been taking transit for 20 years. Seems like there is more young delinquents than ever. My neighbor has closed his his convince store last year because of the brazen shop lifting. Not homeless people either, its Gangs of teens go in and steal as much as possible like it's some game. Turns out there is a TikTok ‘shoplifting challenge’.

TikTok is killing brain cells.

It's gotten a lot worse. I have been taking transit for 20 years. Seems like there is more young delinquents than ever. My neighbor has closed his his convince store last year because of the brazen shop lifting. Not homeless people either, its Gangs of teens go in and steal as much as possible like it's some game. Turns out there is a TikTok ‘shoplifting challenge’.

TikTok is killing brain cells.
Have you ever actually used the app lol? I feel like it's hard to get an accurate idea of how bad things are. I feel like the only thing that's changed is peer pressure is more constant now.

Another one bites the dust:

TikTok or wherever these sociopathic trends starts need a cleanse.

AoD
I find it funny that so many people here who probably never use this app seems to think it’s the only reason kids are acting dumb!

Kids were jumping between classroom and remote learning for years now! Kids have a lot of stupid energy and it’s all coming out at the same time now that they’re all together. Even if you somehow managed to ban all social media, they congregate together every day they’re going to get peer pressure and stupid ideas in person!

Doesn't look you missed much based on this youtube:

Makes you wonder whether storage of random junk and an inefficiently allocated parking lot is the best use of this valuable space near a subway station... seems like they could be using half the space if they wanted

Makes you wonder whether storage of random junk and an inefficiently allocated parking lot is the best use of this valuable space near a subway station... seems like they could be using half the space if they wanted

Site is being 'redeveloped' by CreateTO, but TTC will be maintaining an on-site presence; though probably less ft2.

Reactions: dkt
I find it funny that so many people here who probably never use this app seems to think it’s the only reason kids are acting dumb!

Kids were jumping between classroom and remote learning for years now! Kids have a lot of stupid energy and it’s all coming out at the same time now that they’re all together. Even if you somehow managed to ban all social media, they congregate together every day they’re going to get peer pressure and stupid ideas in person!

Of course they do, kids are kids - but these ones aren't recording themselves in the act for no reason.

AoD

Of course they do, kids are kids - but these ones aren't recording themselves in the act for no reason.

AoD
The one saving grace of these trends is that they teach kids to provide all necessary documentation of the crime committed for authorities to retrieve at a later time.

The one saving grace of these trends is that they teach kids to provide all necessary documentation of the crime committed for authorities to retrieve at a later time.
You'd be surprised how harsh the judges can be on the parents. I think one of the kids who did the homeless murder would be criminally liable if their kid got around the phone ban!

You'd be surprised how harsh the judges can be on the parents. I think one of the kids who did the homeless murder would be criminally liable if their kid got around the phone ban!
They're also soft on kids based on what I saw sitting at 311 Jarvis. The guards were like "these kids spit on and abuse us" when the Justice of the Peace I met was like "we need to provide enrichment like books in their cells so there not just sitting there doing nothing, they're just kids".

As opposed to sympathy for perps? These ⭐kids⭐ launched fireworks inside a packed bus. At some point you gotta make an example out of someone to scare off others inclined to similar acts. And the parents need to get charged.

I don't think anyone's talking about retribution. I think it makes sense to place some measure of responsibility on parents when their underage child (for which they're legally responsible) gets into legal trouble.
The TTC and the justice system seem to be dealing with the matter swiftly and appropriately.
Glad to hear. I'd be interested in a detailed study to see if this kind of behaviour is more prevalent in recent years, the connection (or lack of one) with social media, etc. Understanding the issue would help prevent future incidents like this.

Back