News   Mar 28, 2024
 498     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 327     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 339     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

This evening a person was smoking meth openly in my train car. All the way from Finch to Bloor without anyone triggering the alarm. I’m starting to think that we are on the cusp of much more problematic issues that will be arising soon.

i have never seen anyone smoke meth on the subway or even in public up until about a year or so ago. ( I'm sure it happened but i never saw it) This past year I've seen people smoke meth on the subway, platform, bus shelter, parks, street corners. It's everywhere. Just a few weeks ago, this couple camped out in the bus shelter, lit up a meth pipe while a crowd of people were waiting for the bus.

TTC expands SafeTTC reporting options with text messaging and webform

March 14, 2023

The TTC has introduced additional ways for customers to quickly report safety or security concerns on the system, with SMS Text a Tip, as well as a webform on ttc.ca.

Customers can now text 647-496-1940 to report immediate safety concerns to TTC Transit Control. In addition, customers can also choose to use the webform at ttc.ca to report a safety concern, and submit additional details and images.

“The TTC must be safe for everyone — for all riders and for all employees. I support the ongoing work by the TTC with their community partners to increase safety on the transit system," said Deputy Mayor Jennifer McKelvie.

“The safety of our customers and employees is a priority for the TTC,” said TTC Chair Jon Burnside. “These new methods provide additional options for customers to report any suspicious or concerning activity on the system. The TTC is constantly looking at ways to improve customer and employee safety, and will continue to put measures in place to make the system even safer for everyone.”

“Safety of customers and employees is paramount to all the TTC does,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “We want to ensure that anyone who witnesses, or is a victim of a security incident on the TTC has an easily accessible method to report the incident directly to our Transit Control Centre. We will continue to work with all stakeholders on ways we can all make the TTC as safe as possible for customers and employees.

These new reporting options are in addition to the SafeTTC app, which is a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices that allows customers to discreetly report safety concerns or suspicious activity within the system. The app lets users report a problem directly to the TTC's Transit Control Centre by sending text, photos or videos of the incident, or call 911 in an emergency situation.

In the event of an emergency, customers are encouraged to use the yellow emergency alarm strip on the vehicles, speak to a TTC employee or police officer, or use the Designated Waiting Area (DWA) intercom on the platform to contact staff.

Additional information on how the TTC is working to enhance safety can be found at https://www.ttc.ca/riding-the-ttc/Updates/TTC-Safety.

March 14, 2023

The TTC has introduced additional ways for customers to quickly report safety or security concerns on the system, with SMS Text a Tip, as well as a webform on ttc.ca.

Customers can now text 647-496-1940 to report immediate safety concerns to TTC Transit Control. In addition, customers can also choose to use the webform at ttc.ca to report a safety concern, and submit additional details and images.

“The TTC must be safe for everyone — for all riders and for all employees. I support the ongoing work by the TTC with their community partners to increase safety on the transit system," said Deputy Mayor Jennifer McKelvie.

“The safety of our customers and employees is a priority for the TTC,” said TTC Chair Jon Burnside. “These new methods provide additional options for customers to report any suspicious or concerning activity on the system. The TTC is constantly looking at ways to improve customer and employee safety, and will continue to put measures in place to make the system even safer for everyone.”

“Safety of customers and employees is paramount to all the TTC does,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “We want to ensure that anyone who witnesses, or is a victim of a security incident on the TTC has an easily accessible method to report the incident directly to our Transit Control Centre. We will continue to work with all stakeholders on ways we can all make the TTC as safe as possible for customers and employees.

These new reporting options are in addition to the SafeTTC app, which is a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices that allows customers to discreetly report safety concerns or suspicious activity within the system. The app lets users report a problem directly to the TTC's Transit Control Centre by sending text, photos or videos of the incident, or call 911 in an emergency situation.

In the event of an emergency, customers are encouraged to use the yellow emergency alarm strip on the vehicles, speak to a TTC employee or police officer, or use the Designated Waiting Area (DWA) intercom on the platform to contact staff.

Additional information on how the TTC is working to enhance safety can be found at https://www.ttc.ca/riding-the-ttc/Updates/TTC-Safety.
Need a shorter text number. Should have a Caller ID of "SafeTTC"?.

Options are good! Not everything requires the yellow alarm -- I wouldn't push it for someone smoking meth. @Northern Light 's earlier scenario about contacting someone makes sense to me in those situations. Sometimes you are better off avoiding an escalation but still getting it dealt with. If someone is in immediate danger, then yellow strip for sure.

March 14, 2023

Oh wait I forgot there is no cell service on the subway /s.

AoD

Oh wait I forgot there is no cell service on the subway /s.

AoD

Ah; thanks for reminding me AoD............

Saw this in the Lobbyist Registry last week:

1678832283455.png

Options are good! Not everything requires the yellow alarm -- I wouldn't push it for someone smoking meth. @Northern Light 's earlier scenario about contacting someone makes sense to me in those situations. Sometimes you are better off avoiding an escalation but still getting it dealt with. If someone is in immediate danger, then yellow strip for sure.
You could always wait until your stop, and once the doors open, quickly press the yellow strip and then hop off the train and scurry out of the station! Problem solved ;)

BA19.2 - Award of Ariba Document Number 3846914594 to Midome Construction Services Ltd. for Watermain Installation and TTC Track Replacement at Gerrard Street East and Coxwell Avenue Intersection for Engineering and Construction Services​

Consideration Type: ACTIONWards: 14 - Toronto - Danforth, 19 - Beaches - East York

Origin​

(March 16, 2023) Report from the Chief Procurement Officer

Recommendations​

The Chief Procurement Officer recommends that the Bid Award Panel grant authority to award the following contract:

Solicitation Number:
Request for Tender, Ariba Document Number 3846914594, Contract Number 23ECS-RD-04SP

Description:
Watermain Installation and TTC Track Replacement at Gerrard Street East and Coxwell Avenue Intersection

Recommended Supplier:
Midome Construction Services Ltd.

Contract Award Value:
$2,098,880 net of all applicable taxes and charges
$2,371,734 including HST and all applicable charges
$2,135,820 net of HST recoveries

Contract is expected to start on May 7, 2023 and end on July 29, 2023

Back