News   Mar 28, 2024
 701     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 477     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 796     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Well you've pretty much summed up the funding issues and that's my point, we ignore the issues that we face until it becomes extreme. Which is pretty much John Tory's mantra: delay, defer, put on the approved but unfunded never ending list of projects, and beg upper levels of government for funding. By the time we get to addressing said problem, it becomes magnified even more and the state of affairs is worse than it initially was.

That's the problem we've been having in this city for 8+ years, and it's a big reason nothing ever gets done. If something actually does get done, it takes eons because we cant fund anything or our "leadership" genuinely is unable to come up with a solution.
He only has two options that I see.

1. Ask higher levels of government to work together to fix an issue (which he seems to be trying)

2. Double Toronto property tax and as a public servant a bigger budget will never be enough and a significant amount will be wasted by beaurcracy and waste

Godwin's law alive and well!
I mean, just because people make a lot of inappropriate comparisons to Nazis doesn't mean that there aren't times when those comparisons aren't apt.

I also long ago learned to stop expecting any empathy from the internet, so I do not find this shocking in the least.

@ShonTron is literally accurate in this case, mass execution of the disabled was a Nazi program.

People like to trot out “Godwin’s Law” so much that it obscures really concerning ideologies. The poster above was literally advocating for the extermination of a segment of the population and it was simply dismissed as no big deal. We actually do have a problem when people start to think this way.

People like to trot out “Godwin’s Law” so much that it obscures really concerning ideologies. The poster above was literally advocating for the extermination of a segment of the population and it was simply dismissed as no big deal. We actually do have a problem when people start to think this way.
I think it speaks volumes that we've started to see the rise in such ideologies as the last survivors of the Holocaust have started to die off in large numbers.

Well you've pretty much summed up the funding issues and that's my point, we ignore the issues that we face until it becomes extreme. Which is pretty much John Tory's mantra: delay, defer, put on the approved but unfunded never ending list of projects, and beg upper levels of government for funding. By the time we get to addressing said problem, it becomes magnified even more and the state of affairs is worse than it initially was.

That's the problem we've been having in this city for 8+ years, and it's a big reason nothing ever gets done. If something actually does get done, it takes eons because we cant fund anything or our "leadership" genuinely is unable to come up with a solution.
But a 100% hike is not reasonable. Toronto property taxes are about the same as other major canadian cities. We have two land transfer taxes, a $200k + development charge for every new condo unit.

Capture.PNG

The original post was not productive and neither was the response. Stupid comment, stupid response I guess.

I think it speaks volumes that we've started to see the rise in such ideologies as the last survivors of the Holocaust have started to die off in large numbers.
Yeah because the schools have become focused on fostering certain ideologies instead of teaching.
On the other hand, the boy who cried wolf call everything Nazi is also a major problem.
Compounded by shocking amounts of ignorance.

“One in three of our respondents stated that they believed that the Holocaust was fabricated or not reported in a way that was accurate to what actually happened,” said Alex Lerner, researcher and assistant professor of political science at the U.S. Naval Academy.
I'm very aware of this. Highly ironic given the extreme emphasis on the unmasking "oppression" mission which schools have adopted.

“One in three of our respondents stated that they believed that the Holocaust was fabricated or not reported in a way that was accurate to what actually happened,” said Alex Lerner, researcher and assistant professor of political science at the U.S. Naval Academy.

The original post was not productive and neither was the response.

Yeah because the schools have become focused on fostering certain ideologies instead of teaching.

On the other hand, the boy who cried wolf call everything Nazi is also a major problem.
Yeah one post calling for the extermination of the mentally ill and one saying it’s a bad thing are totally on the same level. What utter horseshit.

That casts a pretty wide net, someone who believes numbers could be off is put in the same boat as someone who thinks it never happened

Back