News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Well the results of 8+ years of status quo mayor are just beginning showing itself. But let's just keep up with property taxes being low and everything will magically sort itself out!

The problems are more compound then my general synopsis above, but this is exactly what happens when our mayor has absolutely no solution to anything.

Last edited:
The link at BlogTO to the Hitachi article is wrong. The correct link is https://www.hitachirail.com/smart-mobility-report-hitachi-rail/

Not that they seem to send it even then ...Ah, the email came through. Haven't had time to look it yet though.

The question is how do they do the math. If 54% are more likely to take transit because of health concerns, but 49% will return to transit eventually .... does that mean ridership is only down 5%, or 49% of 54%.

I'd assume the former, but it would be nice to read the article.

Last edited:
And today's craziness..... This is getting ridiculous!

Two TTC employees chased by person with syringe at Dundas station, say police​

Toronto police say the incident happened early Wednesday morning at Dundas subway station.​

I am not surprised.

The Works safe injection site is located at Victoria and Dundas. Couple that with the myriad of homeless shelters in the area and you have the perfect storm.

When I worked at Dundas and Jarvis I would regularly seem homeless addicts congregating outside The Works. I would also regularly see homeless addicts higher than a kite and whacked out of their gourd trying to fight me at the Condo building where I worked.

I understand that these people have issue be it drugs or mental health but something needs to be done. Either they need to go into forced rehab and given a job or be institutionalized.

How many people need to get injured before something is actually done?

Well the results of 8+ years of status quo mayor are just beginning showing itself. But let's just keep up with property taxes being low and everything will magically sort itself out!

The problems are more compound then my general synopsis above, but this is exactly what happens when our mayor has absolutely no solution to anything.
What can the mayor do about the province downloading costs 30 years ago, and non existent healthcare?
I am not surprised.

The Works safe injection site is located at Victoria and Dundas. Couple that with the myriad of homeless shelters in the area and you have the perfect storm.

When I worked at Dundas and Jarvis I would regularly seem homeless addicts congregating outside The Works. I would also regularly see homeless addicts higher than a kite and whacked out of their gourd trying to fight me at the Condo building where I worked.

I understand that these people have issue be it drugs or mental health but something needs to be done. Either they need to go into forced rehab and given a job or be institutionalized.

How many people need to get injured before something is actually done?
Nothing will change. Do gooders will insist the injection site has 0 effect on incidents, though the number of Ryerson security incidents magically skyrocketed the same time the site opened.

What can the mayor do about the province downloading costs 30 years ago, and non existent healthcare?
Oh I dont know, let's see. He's dragged his foot out on providing affordable housing on city sites, then wouldnt provide additional funding for shelters which are at capacity, then kicked out homeless people out of virtually everywhere. That's just one subset of the population who have been through his diddling and are probably mentally at their wits end as we've been seeing recently. Of course this doesnt excuse the general idiots we have in population.

I havent even got to the lack of proper funding to various city departments, waste of corporate tax incentives, lack of investment in city infrastructure, inadequate revenue base (ie: property tax rate increase at or below inflation for ions). We can cry about the downloading of costs, but Tory has just compounded the problem tenfold since he's been mayor. Of course both Fords compounded it one hundred fold, but Tory hasnt improved the situation at all.

And as we speak, there's been yet another incident on the TTC...stabbing on a bus near Old Mill.

So when is enough, enough with our current administration? Do these incidents need to hit a member of politics before we see any change to the lack of nothing we've seen our politicians enact?

With the snow I’ve decided to take the TTC to my meeting tomorrow near the Harbour Westin. But I can’t help but feel that TTC = Take The Chance. Or Tackle the Crazies.
Oh I dont know, let's see. He's dragged his foot out on providing affordable housing on city sites, then wouldnt provide additional funding for shelters
I don’t know if the seemingly mentally ill people stabbing, shoving, assaulting and incinerating passengers and staff on the TTC are homeless or impacted by shelter capacity. Would Tenzin Norbu have not set Nyima Dolma on fire on a TTC bus if he’d only had a bed to sleep in?

To me I blame mostly the province. We should have psychiatric institutions to put people who are a danger to others. As it is, police or ambulances pick them up, take them to the local emergency, from where they are released.

Last edited:
Honestly? Yes. John Tory and Rick Leary are so detached from the everyday TTC rider and employee experience that they don’t see any urgency.
Dont worry, Tory and et.al are calling for a "Mental Health Summit" now because they're just that lost.

It astounds me that our politicians are this stupid. Call up some health professionals and they'll give you solutions as to what to do if they're that clueless. Takes less then 24 hours to get a wide range of things that could be implemented short, medium, and long-term.

Dont worry, Tory and et.al are calling for a "Mental Health Summit" now because they're just that lost.

It astounds me that our politicians are this stupid. Call up some health professionals and they'll give you solutions as to what to do if they're that clueless. Takes less then 24 hours to get a wide range of things that could be implemented short, medium, and long-term.
Trying to pass the buck to the federal government when the city can do so much on their own to make things better. It’s obvious he doesn’t want to take responsibility for anything. Why even be mayor at this point.

Sorry, but a few high profile violent incidents does not a trend make. Toronto has always had a few of these going on.

The TPS' own data does not seem to suggest the violent crime rate for 2022 was anything but average for the last few years. It's nice of you to sit here and rub it in our faces that you were right, but at no point during the calendar year of 2022 did the data support your assertions, so some humbleness would not go amiss.
Leading indicators. As in the increase in homelessness and drug use - readily available, not lagging which is actual incidents (TPS data).

It’s funny how much people complain about design when all they rely on is lagging indicators. And lol on tone when you can be quite dismissive yourself.

Back