News   Mar 28, 2024
 262     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 323     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 684     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Amazing details, comments, and breakdown @Northern Light!

There's so much that can be discussed regarding the capital budget, but what's clear as a general note is that the politicians need to get their heads out of their collective bums because I could classify ~90% of the capital budget as things that are absolutely necessary. The status quo, austerity era needs to come to an end and quickly because this lack of funding issue will cripple the network if it continues.
If it includes an expressway or a parking garages, then price is no object.

Just wanted to share........that sometimes I really enjoy my own sense of entitlement, LOL

I was set to grab TTC and a so-called frequent route was experiencing bunching with huge gaps............how normal for the TTC......

Here's where the story takes a twist, I phoned the TTC and asked for a real-time service adjustment to space out the buses.

They phoned the relevant supervisor and I'm watching it happen.

Can't do that every day..............but sometimes.............

You can change the world (in small ways) just because you believe it can be done.

Just wanted to share........that sometimes I really enjoy my own sense of entitlement, LOL

I was set to grab TTC and a so-called frequent route was experiencing bunching with huge gaps............how normal for the TTC......

Here's where the story takes a twist, I phoned the TTC and asked for a real-time service adjustment to space out the buses.

You can change the world (in small ways) just because you believe it can be done.
Y

To anyone who’s been watching Curb… you’re like a proper House Husband for the TTC ridership

Good though this is, it REALLY should not take a citizen to call TTC to get a Route Supervisor to do his/her job!

TTC’s 2022 budget returns service to pre-pandemic levels with no fare increase

Dec. 20, 2021

Today, the TTC Board approved next year’s operating and capital budgets. The new budgets will return service to pre-pandemic levels without a fare increase and fund longer-term projects aimed at modernizing the TTC and addressing the city’s future transit needs.

"This is a right and responsible budget for our TTC. We have worked hard to protect transit service throughout the pandemic and this budget will make sure that it continues to increase as we come out of the pandemic. This budget will also invest $1.7 billion in the TTC's capital infrastructure, including more streetcars and buses. These are investments we have to make to keep our transit service going so that it can be the backbone of our strong economic recovery," said Toronto Mayor John Tory. "Along with returning service to pre-pandemic levels, this budget also freezes TTC fares for the second year in a row. This will help make sure that transit remains affordable for residents and that we keep encouraging people to use transit – something we need to do as we look to keep building TTC ridership back up."

“The 2022 budget approved today gives us the flexibility to increase service up to pre-pandemic levels, in response to demand, while funding key sustainability and service improvement initiatives – all without raising fares for our riders," said TTC Chair Jaye Robinson. "Through the approved 2022-2031 Capital Budget & Plan, we are continuing to make significant investments in critical transit infrastructure upgrades, system-wide accessibility improvements, and new vehicles to ensure that the TTC network is prepared to meet future demand for decades to come."

The $2.24-billion operating budgets for both conventional and Wheel-Trans services will fund restoration of service to 100 per cent of pre-pandemic levels on the conventional network with some room for new and enhanced TTC programs.

The budget includes funding for:

• The opening of Line 5, Eglinton-Crosstown in 2022 and preparing for the opening of Line 6 Finch West in 2023.

• Restoration of full pre-pandemic service levels in the second quarter of 2022.

• Increased Wheel-Trans service to meet demand.

• A Service Plan reset and Ridership Reacquisition Strategy, critical to serve anticipated post-pandemic changes in transit demand and travel patterns;

• Completion of the 10-Year Fare Collection Strategy to modernize the TTC’s fare collection system;

• Innovation and Sustainability review focused on embedding innovation, environmental sustainability and climate change resilience at the TTC; and

• Enhanced diversity, anti-Black racism and mental health training, allowing the TTC to be a leader in inclusive and accessible transit service.

This year’s share of the $12 billion 2022-2031 capital budget plan is approximately $1.7 billion, comprising $1.2 billion for infrastructure projects and $525 million for vehicle projects. Consistent with the 10-year Capital Plan, approximately 60 per cent is dedicated to state-of–good-repair with the balance allowing the TTC to begin or continue work on critical service improvement projects and complete vehicle-related procurements.

The capital budget report also updates the TTC’s 15-year, $37 billion Capital Investment Plan (CIP) and introduces the TTC’s first Real Estate Investment Plan, a 15-year strategic roadmap that supports the CIP.

Highlights of the TTC’s 2022-2031 Capital Budget and Plan include:

• Funding for essential safety and state-of-good-repair capital work to ensure safety and reliability of our system;

• Funding to meet legislative requirements related to full accessibility of the system by 2025;

• Advancing delivery of the fleet procurement strategy for the procurement of 60 streetcars, 300 hybrid buses, 300 battery-electric buses and 70 Wheel-Trans vehicles;

• Continuing work on three major capacity improvement projects (Bloor-Yonge, Line 1 and Line 2);

• Facilitating business modernization such as SAP; Maximo; Vision, Wheel-Trans and Stations Transformation; and

• Enhancing coordination of activities and resourcing within the major projects group where 27 projects or programs account for nearly three-quarters of the total $12.1 billion Capital Plan.

“Modernizing the TTC and transforming to meet future population and ridership growth are at the heart of our long term capital plans,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “These budgets ensure we will have the vehicles and network capacity the TTC will need to support the city over the coming decades.”

The TTC’s budget goes to the City of Toronto for final approval by Council early next year.

Dec 16
College Station
51759492772_a5a0be7a69_b.jpg

51760974049_4b9ca8997a_b.jpg

51760974079_63d926ff5f_b.jpg

51759492922_d9f07d24dc_b.jpg

51760563278_66082c1e2d_b.jpg

51759493007_8e5b122902_b.jpg

Last edited:
Update on the West Rouge Automated Shuttle:

Thank you for your ongoing interest in the West Rouge Automated Shuttle Trial. This message is to provide an update on the status of the Trial.

The West Rouge Automated Shuttle Trial has not yet launched public service. The project partners – City of Toronto, TTC and Metrolinx – are aware that a similar automated shuttle was involved in a collision in Whitby on December 16 and wish a full and speedy recovery to the injured safety attendant.

The temporary service in Toronto is trialing a newer generation of the same automated shuttle used in the Whitby Autonomous Vehicle Electric Shuttle Project and which is owned by the same service supplier. Due to this similarity, the West Rouge Automated Shuttle Trial has been put on hold until further notice.

In addition, the Trial’s project partners continue to monitor the public health guidance in light of the changing COVID-19 situation and due to the limited size of the shuttle’s passenger cabin

Back