News   Apr 18, 2024
 538     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

They're going to tear down the Hillcreast racetrack at Davenport & Bathurst? Oh no!

2013913-dav-bath-above-1907.jpg

Above Davenport and Bathurst, 1907

2013913-hillcrest-racetrack-1911.jpg

Hillcret Racetrack, Bathurst and Davenport 1911

At least we still have horse racetracks at Dufferin and Thorncliffe.... WHAT!!???

TTC Board to hold special virtual meeting on May 25

May 21, 2021

The TTC Board will hold a special virtual Board meeting on Tuesday, May 25, 2021. The meeting will begin online at 12:30 p.m. and be streamed live on the Official TTC YouTube Channel.

The TTC Board will conduct the meeting using an online video conferencing platform. During the COVID-19 pandemic, TTC Board meetings are being conducted by electronic means. Commissioners, TTC staff and the public are expected to participate in meetings remotely. These measures are necessary to comply with physical distancing requirements and a Provincial Order that limits public gatherings.

The public can register to make deputations by submitting a request through the online form at: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ttc.ca%2FAbout_the_TTC%2FCommission_reports_and_information%2FMaking_a_deputation.jsp&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cdd9e18f8d3bc478d3c4508d91c8baa93%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637572208448072965%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=cyM%2BXP0SF5WQZXlejuhLOrr9pYQKiib4EpE%2Bj2gaXTw%3D&reserved=0.

Deputations will be by way of written correspondence or by telephone only, and more information will be provided upon registration. The deadline to register is Tuesday, May 25 at 10 a.m.

View the agenda at: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ttc.ca%2FAbout_the_TTC%2FCommission_reports_and_information%2FCommission_meetings%2F2021%2FMay_25%2FAgenda%2Findex.jsp&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cdd9e18f8d3bc478d3c4508d91c8baa93%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637572208448072965%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jAUmpGRPwA4GAYGqPzxRaRiKTi8wQYoiuR%2F1LBWRzN8%3D&reserved=0

Details of the virtual meeting are as follows:
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Time: 12:30 p.m.

The subject of this meeting is approval to order the additional 47 Flexities for which Federal and Provincial funding was recently announced.

It also seeks to re-arrange some spending/debt in the approved capital budget to come up with the City's 208M share.

Direct report link here:

Key excerpt:

1621715639248.png

1621715659857.png

The subject of this meeting is approval to order the additional 47 Flexities for which Federal and Provincial funding was recently announced.

It also seeks to re-arrange some spending/debt in the approved capital budget to come up with the City's 208M share.

Direct report link here:

Key excerpt:

View attachment 321574
View attachment 321575
Going by this time table, 4663 will be arriving in 2026 along with a few other. We may see only 20-30 cars a year depending when production starts and that could be late 2023 or 2024 as they need to get Hillcrest done first

If I understand this right, please correct me if wrong, the TTC had already made an order for 13 additional streetcars. The funding now makes it possible for an additional 47 streetcars, for a total of 60 streetcars.

In accordance with the Board’s direction from October 22, 2020, the TTC issued a contract amendment (and Notice to Proceed) on March 31, 2021 to procure the first 13 streetcars of the full 60 streetcars required. Issuing the contract amendment reserved the fixed price option for an additional 47 streetcars based on the terms negotiated with the vendor. The TTC and City have been seeking partnership funding from the other orders of government to fully fund the 60 streetcars required.

If I understand this right, please correct me if wrong, the TTC had already made an order for 13 additional streetcars. The funding now makes it possible for an additional 47 streetcars, for a total of 60 streetcars.

That is correct.

Good afternoon everyone!

I noticed this morning that the 506 Carlton was still diverting down Dundas. I thought the diversion ended last week.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Good afternoon everyone!

I noticed this morning that the 506 Carlton was still diverting down Dundas. I thought the diversion ended last week.

The TTC site says:

506 Carlton: Detour eastbound via Dundas St W and Parliament St while we fix a mechanical problem. Shuttle buses are running.

Last updated 3:37 PM

The TTC site says:

506 Carlton: Detour eastbound via Dundas St W and Parliament St while we fix a mechanical problem. Shuttle buses are running.

Last updated 3:37 PM

That's now but for the past few days I have been seeing the 506 running down Dundas from Bay to Jarvis.

That's now but for the past few days I have been seeing the 506 running down Dundas from Bay to Jarvis.
The TTC website also says:

506 Carlton - Temporary route change due to sinkhole repair​

Streetcar restrictions - sinkhole repair May 9 until further notice​

Starting 5 a.m. May 9, 2021 until further notice​

506 Carlton streetcars will run between High Park Loop and Main Street Station, via Howard Park Avenue, Dundas Street West, College Street, Spadina Avenue, Dundas Street West, Bay Street, Carlton Street, Parliament Street, Gerrard Street East, Coxwell Avenue, Gerrard Street East, Main Street.
306 Carlton streetcars will run between Dundas West Station and Main Street Station, via Dundas Street West, College Street, Spadina Avenue, Dundas Street West, Bay Street, Carlton Street, Parliament Street, Gerrard Street East, Coxwell Avenue, Gerrard Street East, Main Street.

Good afternoon everyone!

Looks like Bay St. is closed from Dundas to Gerrard due to a sewer pipe collapse.

The sinkhole repair at College/Beverley looks to be making progress as well.

loc8039.jpg

Nice game of wack-a-mole! Start working on one sewer pipe collapse, and another one pops up. That's what we get for neglecting our infrastructure, and the best part is, it will continue to happen unless the city accelerate watermain/sewer pipe replacements.

Which wont happen as long as Mr.Status Quo is around.

Ever since the TTC started to announce stops automatically, the announcements went off the screens when the bus/streetcar arrived at the stop (sometimes before it arrived). This was not good for those not paying attention and I asked several times why it could not keep being displayed until the vehicle LEFT (or passed) the stop. Today I was on a (new) 75 bus and all the announcements remained displayed exactly as I wanted. Have they fixed their software, was this a rogue bus or are only new buses so equipped?

Ever since the TTC started to announce stops automatically, the announcements went off the screens when the bus/streetcar arrived at the stop (sometimes before it arrived). This was not good for those not paying attention and I asked several times why it could not keep being displayed until the vehicle LEFT (or passed) the stop. Today I was on a (new) 75 bus and all the announcements remained displayed exactly as I wanted. Have they fixed their software, was this a rogue bus or are only new buses so equipped?
I'd think that would lead to people ringing the bell too late, and then being upset that the vehicle didn't stop.

Though perhaps it turns off if the bell hasn't been rung?

Back