News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 829     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I'd think that would lead to people ringing the bell too late, and then being upset that the vehicle didn't stop.

Though perhaps it turns off if the bell hasn't been rung?
The stop names are displayed whether someone rings bell or not. This bus (and I hope all vehicles) kept the name displayed until bus left )or passed) the stop. Formerly the display would vanish several hundred metres BEFORE the stop.

The stop names are displayed whether someone rings bell or not. This bus (and I hope all vehicles) kept the name displayed until bus left )or passed) the stop. Formerly the display would vanish several hundred metres BEFORE the stop.
On the routes I used, they generally disappeared at about the point that you've missed the stop, if you pull the button (which is before the stop!). I'm not sure about this change - at least of no bell is rung.

Maybe they should have them say "stop requested for xxx" once, after the request cord is pulled or the button pressed.
I think the problem is though when you make too many announcements people tend to ignore them. That's one of the reason why these horrible ancmnets by the unfunny comedian weren't very good.

I think the problem is though when you make too many announcements people tend to ignore them. That's one of the reason why these horrible ancmnets by the unfunny comedian weren't very good.
I am not talking about VERBAL announcements, I am talking about the screens in surface vehicles that display the names of stops (plus the time and Operator #) I agree that VERBAL announcements - if made too often - simply annoy people until they/we tune out.

I am not talking about VERBAL announcements, I am talking about the screens in surface vehicles that display the names of stops (plus the time and Operator #) I agree that VERBAL announcements - if made too often - simply annoy people until they/we tune out.
I think they are working on a few different varaitions of the information that is shown on the new screens on the buses However I do wonder how much people actully pay ataon to them and if they are showing to much information like for example do we relly need to know the time and operator number of the bus?

I think they are working on a few different varaitions of the information that is shown on the new screens on the buses However I do wonder how much people actully pay ataon to them and if they are showing to much information like for example do we relly need to know the time and operator number of the bus?
Answer: YES!

Why I don't actually know of any reason that I need to know what the drivers operates number is at all. I think it's just a piece of personal information that shouldn't be given out to the public.

Because it is what allows the public to identify the service provider should an issue occur? It is a public-facing job and the service number already allowed the driver to stay anonymous.

AoD

I honestly doubt anyone at all pays attention to it and is going to actually write it down for any reason at all.

No one would casually - also keep in mind that if a customer have a complaint, having going to the driver and asking for their number is form of confrontation and escalation that some will try and avoid. This also removes the driver from having to deal directly with the customer making the complaint as well.

AoD

No one would casually - also keep in mind that if a customer have a complaint, having going to the driver and asking for their number is form of confrontation and escalation that some will try and avoid. This also removes the driver from having to deal directly with the customer making the complaint as well.

AoD

When my father was an operator it would happen regularly. He would be asked for it regularly along with the bus number and his name.

Most times people would not call in knowing they were just being a goof. My fathers response to being called an a**hole was "that is Mr A**hole"

AoD
I don't see a need at all for the general public to ever have the drivers operating number. People have this idea in their heads that they can report something and that they need a person's full name and other stuff, there is a good reason why customer service providers never give out their full names. All you need if you actually have a problem is an aprxmite time of day the bus or train car number and the route it was on an the TTC should be able to identify everything else from their. I think it's stupid of them to display the drivers operating number.

When my father was an operator it would happen regularly. He would be asked for it regularly along with the bus number and his name.

Most times people would not call in knowing they were just being a goof. My fathers response to being called an a**hole was "that is Mr A**hole"

Ha, my Dad said the exact same thing. He also refused to wear the blazers with badge numbers on them and Inspectors (as they were known back then) stopped bothering to ask him because he was so high up in the union list he would tell them to go fly a kite, in so many words...

Back