News   Apr 19, 2024
 769     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 648     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I hear i've been summoned? ;)

Well, I didn't tag you................but yes, I did note your expertise...........

If anyone can find a lead lining in a silver cloud, you're the man! LOL (meant with affection)

Nfitz would find lead, asbestos, radon, and probably a crack in the foundation. (yes, of the cloud)

😂

Which is to say, Mr. Lis can be cynical......but he's got some distance to go to equal the keenly critical eye and the dystopian ideologue!

Which, PS is said w/some affection about Nfitz.

The place wouldn't be the same w/o him!

Last edited:
Well, I didn't tag you................but yes, I did note your expertise...........

If anyone can find a lead lining in a silver cloud, you're the man! LOL (meant with affection)
If you know anyone who requires my services, definitely feel free to ring me up. Im looking for extra cash these days, why not make a business out of it ;)

The TTC website continues to post this page http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/Station_Improvements.jsp

Station Improvements and Maintenance - Tile and Panel Replacement

Work to remove and replace tiles, ceiling and wall panels is ongoing at some stations

Though I do not currently go on the subway often (almost never), I have yet to see any sign of any panels etc being replaced. Has anyone? Lots have certainly been removed at St Patrick etc

Queen's Park and St. Patrick have been missing sections of their tile for ages...........I've tried to figure out the status of those w/o much luck.

In terms of comprehensive replacement, I believe St. Andrew, and Osgoode have been done, I think York Mills was next on the list, but don't know if that's been started or finished.

I should clarify, in the case of the above that I'm referring to the Trackside Walls in each case.

The TTC website continues to post this page http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/Station_Improvements.jsp

Station Improvements and Maintenance - Tile and Panel Replacement

Work to remove and replace tiles, ceiling and wall panels is ongoing at some stations

Though I do not currently go on the subway often (almost never), I have yet to see any sign of any panels etc being replaced. Has anyone? Lots have certainly been removed at St Patrick etc
One of these decades or centuries, they'll "finish" the ceiling tiles on the Jane Station.
l.jpg

From link. Even missing pieces from the "new" ceiling. Been like that since the Jane Station opened in 1968.

One of these decades or centuries, they'll "finish" the ceiling tiles on the Jane Station.
l.jpg

From link. Even missing pieces from the "new" ceiling. Been like that since the Jane Station opened in 1968.
Best to remove them as the TR trains will blow dust allow the riders that happen on the Line One to the point thy were removed. TR will replace the T1 over time.

I said over a decade ago it was too to keep them as they will be mismatch when replace after being removed to do work. It labour time consuming and costly to remove the slats, mark them, store them, clean then and reinstalled them to do any type of work under them.

This what happens when the people in charge actually use the public transit they are in charge, not like the TTC's board of commissioners and the bureaucrats inside the TTC and the city.

From link.

Not my photo, This is still probably my favourite feature of Japanese Subways, I’ve noticed it’s also available in the new Paris MP-14 trains. It’s beautiful because it’s an incredibly rider centric piece of design.​

EsbdfJFXAActSM0

This what happens when the people in charge actually use the public transit they are in charge, not like the TTC's board of commissioners and the bureaucrats inside the TTC and the city.

From link.

Not my photo, This is still probably my favourite feature of Japanese Subways, I’ve noticed it’s also available in the new Paris MP-14 trains. It’s beautiful because it’s an incredibly rider centric piece of design.​

EsbdfJFXAActSM0
Do people in charge of the TTC not ride transit?

Do people in charge of the TTC not ride transit?
Best Worst example is TTC Commissioner and City Councillor and Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnon-Wong.

From link.

Ten things Denzil Minnan-Wong can’t live without​

My car
I’m a car guy. I used to have a Porsche 928 S4 and a BMW 328. Those days are gone (I’m a family man now), but I love driving alone in my Subaru Forester. I come into the city from North York every morning and watch the sun glint off the towers.

From link.

EsbdfJFXAActSM0
Something to think about for either the new subway trains for Lines 1 and 2 or the OL trains. This is from the newer MP14 trains in Paris from an MP14 introduction video.

1611430497690.png

1611430544777.png

Link to the video:

Back