News   Apr 18, 2024
 675     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Way back when the TTC ran suburban commuter service.

The History of Gray Coach and the time TTC went to Niagara Falls

See link.

2014225-gray-coach-1929-to-nf-buf.jpg

2014225-gray-coach-map-1950s.jpg
Gray Coach Lines stretched from London to North Bay to Oshawa to Buffalo.

^Ah, back when private vehicle ownership was very low. Would not be viable today because everyone, especially in the suburbs and rural areas, has a car. How things change.

My goodness this is actually the slowest process ever. How long is this skylight repair saga going to drag on for.

By "repair", do they mean the replacing the not-working original neon lights with working LED lights?

From 1986.

See link. (From 2016.)
One would hope so, but I could also imagine that somehow getting put into a separate contract, and this just being something like fixing seals around the glass, because government.

This year riders on the 504 will not have to deal with TIFF and detours for it.

One hope this will be the the start that 504 riders will not having to worry about the impact on them caused by TIFF anymore.

Saw a 512 run a red light yesterday - is this normal?
I have been on cars that have run red lights and is includes buses as well.

Running red lights is common for a number of systems that I have ridden on.

For those who like to see old TTC streetcar track..

Ariba Doc No.2509473952, Contract No. 20ECS-TI-10SP (164-2020) Road resurfacing and TTC track removal at Church Street from Gloucester Street to Park Road with Traffic Signal relocation at Charles Street and Isabella Street

Streetcar track is already popping up through the pavement in places north of Wellesley, including in front of the 519 Centre and up around Isabella. They were last used in revenue service in mid 1954, though it may have lasted through 1966 as a connection to the Bloor-Danforth Streetcar.

Back