News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 855     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Overhead Still needs to be converted that I saw on Sat and fail to looked at a few other locations..
Bay St,

Church Intersections for Richmond, Adelaide and Wellington.

Adelaide and Wellington

One of the things that the TTC is actively looking at for this next subway order is a train length of 500 feet, versus the current standard train length of 450 feet. As far as I know they are still trying to figure out all the areas on the system where this additional length will be a problem.

Dan
What's your source on this?

Over the past 15 years I've learned one thing. Never ask @smallspy for a source.

If he is making the claim, chances are it's true.

If he starts saying that a flying leprechaun in a spaceship is milking unicorns over the coast of Westeros then I would be worried and give him a drug test.

Until then take his word for it.

Over the past 15 years I've learned one thing. Never ask @smallspy for a source.

If he is making the claim, chances are it's true.

If he starts saying that a flying leprechaun in a spaceship is milking unicorns over the coast of Westeros then I would be worried and give him a drug test.

Until then take his word for it.
I'll believe that the TTC is orderering longer trains when they actually order them not before it happens.

Reactions: rbt
TTC has said it was looking at 500' TR2 that would have a 7th car. If TTC wants to deal with squealing on curves, all 7 cars should be the same length that would reduce the distance between wheels. The systems wasn't design for longer cars than the M1. The 7th car was to be 50'. If you go to even length, then each car would be about 71' long.

There was some talk that the TR could be longer than 500' with an overhang past the platform edge with one end cab being part of it.

Time will tell use what coming when TTC decided to order the TR2

Overhead Still needs to be converted that I saw on Sat and fail to looked at a few other locations..
Bay St,

Church Intersections for Richmond, Adelaide and Wellington.

Adelaide and Wellington
Wellington has new overhead from York to Yonge and NO overhead from Yonge to Church as Wellington from Yonge to Church (and Church from Wellington to King) will be rebuilt next year and the track has been removed/cut in several places. (There was new overhead on this block of Wellington but it was removed several months ago.) Most of the 'loop" Church-Victoria-Adelaide-Church needs to be done too.

Wellington has new overhead from York to Yonge and NO overhead from Yonge to Church as Wellington from Yonge to Church (and Church from Wellington to King) will be rebuilt next year and the track has been removed/cut in several places. (There was new overhead on this block of Wellington but it was removed several months ago.) Most of the 'loop" Church-Victoria-Adelaide-Church needs to be done too.
Like I said, there are a lot of places I haven't seen or looked at in sometime and looked at a few on Sat as well failing to look at other place in my travels.

Never had a look at Victoria or all of Wellington to see what you saw. Not at the top of my list of things to see or do at this time. Leave it to others to report what they see missing or needs works.

TTC tender out for studying ATC for both Lines 2 and 4.

Description

The Automatic Train Control (ATC) Department of the Major Projects Group is seeking to retain Consultant Services to provide qualified and experienced staff to develop an independent study report of installing ATC on Line 2 and Line 4 of the TTC subway system.

I sure hope they're coordinating SSE and Line 2 ATC work. And they have to make a call on Line 2 ATC soon so that SSE can be spec'd accordingly. Wouldn't want to see them start building SSE only to delay or swap out parts because it was spec'd before the Line 2 upgrade.

TTC tender out for studying ATC for both Lines 2 and 4.

Description

The Automatic Train Control (ATC) Department of the Major Projects Group is seeking to retain Consultant Services to provide qualified and experienced staff to develop an independent study report of installing ATC on Line 2 and Line 4 of the TTC subway system.

wait ANOTHER STUDY???!! wasnt this already studied enough 10 years ago?? why do they need to study it again? what has changed??

wait ANOTHER STUDY???!! wasnt this already studied enough 10 years ago?? why do they need to study it again? what has changed??

I don't think this is a 'whether' study, but rather the detailed how and costing.

(but can't be sure)

The roll out on Line 1 has taken too long, at more $$ than needed.

They need to map out the timing/phasing/operational implications and detailed costing.

Heading south on Line 3 just south of Ellesmere Station. I noticed an odd looking red ttc bus in a random parking lot. It had two weird bumps on the top on each side. Can someone give me an explanation?

Back