News   Mar 28, 2024
 952     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 538     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 833     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

To those who complain about the lack of air-conditioning on some of the Line 2 trains, guess you've never been on the old original Gloucester trains. No air-conditioning. Incandescent lights that went out over the track switches. Short cars (6 side doors).

Get your head out of the past bud. It is 2016. Look forward, not back.

People this generation are too spoiled.

Next thing you know the roads they're paving for the bicycles to get a smoother quick ride, could be taken over by the horseless carriages for their own exclusive use. They might even replace the cobblestones between the streetcar tracks with smooth asphalt, so they can ride in the middle of the roads instead of the sides.

gta1908.jpg

Next thing you know the roads they're paving for the bicycles to get a smoother quick ride, could be taken over by the horseless carriages for their own exclusive use. They might even replace the cobblestones between the streetcar tracks with smooth asphalt, so they can ride in the middle of the roads instead of the sides.

gta1908.jpg

Kids nowadays are too coddled. Back in my days, streetcars were heated with a big, wood burning fireplace in the back of the car. It smelled terrible, the heat was uneven, but we liked it that way!!!

Are you 120 years old?

I'm probably the odd one out, but I hate riding the TTC in the summer as the AC is way too cold. I usually get out several stops early and walk because it's so uncomfortable.

I'm probably the odd one out, but I hate riding the TTC in the summer as the AC is way too cold. I usually get out several stops early and walk because it's so uncomfortable.

I like how the TRs blow hot air from the bottom when the AC is on. Keeps my legs warm if I get a window seat.

The TTC is foolish if they dont think fare evasion has increased. I've been using the system for many years, and I know how the system works like the back of my head and there's no doubt in my mind that it has increased. I see it myself on a daily basis in a variety of different ways and POP is just increasing the exploitation.

As for the Student Card issue, Presto should fix the issue (that's unless the TTC implements some kind of strange system for validating whether or not someone is a student which wouldnt surprise me at all). They should implement the same system that GO Transit uses to validate whether an individual is a student.

There's always a dilemma with regards to fare evasion: allow fare evasion and lose some money or hire more transit enforcement officers (and pay them).

Both involve losing money from the TTC, though the latter allows for employment opportunities for those wishing to be transit enforcement officers.

Dufferin station is rather popular with fare evaders.

I like how the TRs blow hot air from the bottom when the AC is on. Keeps my legs warm if I get a window seat.

If you have a "manual" air-conditioning in your car, the AC "temperature" setting is not like a thermostat in your home. Instead, the AC is always on, but the automobile's heat from the engine heats the cooling to a more comfortable setting.

"Automatic" air-conditioning in car uses a thermostat to turn the AC on and off as needed. It actually uses less gasoline.

Back