News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 865     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Looks like work on the elevator at Ossington is finishing up, the hoarding is down and there are new exit signs up but blacked out for the moment.

Talking of elevators:

Elevator Alert: Queen's Quay Station, Streetcar platform to street level, out of service.

Last updated 4:56 AM

This elevator (which is apparently the responsibility of the building owners at Bay/QQE has been out of service more than in service since it was 'improved'.

So much about being accessible. Except when the elevator (or escalator) is out-of-service. A good reason for having buses (or low-floor streetcars) running parallel to whatever underground transit there is.
That's a rather defeatist attitude - surely best idea is to actually have elevators and escalators working and moving faster to put elevators into all subway stations.

That's a rather defeatist attitude - surely best idea is to actually have elevators and escalators working and moving faster to put elevators into all subway stations.

Likely by the 22nd century, they'll be installing duplicate elevators and double the number of escalators to cover any out-of-service situations... after they finish installing them in all the current stations.

Likely by the 22nd century, they'll be installing duplicate elevators and double the number of escalators to cover any out-of-service situations... after they finish installing them in all the current stations.
Not just that, but there would be express tracks under the current (local) subway lines as well.

Now that the 200-series of route numbers has been freed up (by eliminating route 224), I really wish the TTC would change the route numbers of the Rocket express bus routes to better reflect the local routes they are supplementing (as they did with most of the night routes), eg. make 192=200 (reflecting its' importance, and the night bus route 300), 185=225, 186=296, 188=244, 190=285, 191=?, 193=229 (reflecting the Dufferin bus), 195=235, 196=206, 198=216 or 286, 199=239. I just feel this is the perfect time to rebrand the Rocket routes.

Now that the 200-series of route numbers has been freed up (by eliminating route 224), I really wish the TTC would change the route numbers of the Rocket express bus routes to better reflect the local routes they are supplementing (as they did with most of the night routes), eg. make 192=200 (reflecting its' importance, and the night bus route 300), 185=225, 186=296, 188=244, 190=285, 191=?, 193=229 (reflecting the Dufferin bus), 195=235, 196=206, 198=216 or 286, 199=239. I just feel this is the perfect time to rebrand the Rocket routes.

It's in the plans, and not necessarily in the long-term either.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Has anyone noticed the large number of subway cars without air conditioning on the Bloor-Danforth line? It seems to be getting worse by the day. There is nothing more frustrating than getting into a subway car with stifling heat. I complained several times to the TTC last year but it doesn’t seem like they are doing anything about it. I started keeping track of the car numbers and dates so that I can quickly glance at it before boarding a subway car:
View attachment 77858

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ttc-hot-subway-cars-air-conditioning-1.3655494

To those who complain about the lack of air-conditioning on some of the Line 2 trains, guess you've never been on the old original Gloucester trains. No air-conditioning. Incandescent lights that went out over the track switches. Short cars (6 side doors).

Back