News   Apr 22, 2024
 786     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 265     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 670     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

A replacement of Rick Leary might be worst. Gotta think of the possibility.
Very True. This is why it takes long doing a search and many interviews these days.

I don't think John Tory wants a repeat of 2011 and the Gary Webster fiasco. TTC would have to buy him out or give him some kind of package. With 2022 being an election year and all the mess that as been happening, I'll bet money that wont happen. If John is re elected, which I suspect he will be, I don't think he'll have a problem giving Rick an extension. I think it will be up to Rick Leary if he wants to stay or move back to Boston.
Not that hard to come up with a buy out package and it will be based on the contract Rick sign to become CEO. There is always a risk in taking on the position of CEO that various items are added to the contract incase if X leaves before their contract is up cased by the company or the person taking on the role of CEO.

None of the GM's before Andy care if they stay or were fire as they already had a good retirement plan with TTC after 25 years working for them as well the buyout.

If there is just cause to fire an CEO, then there are provision to reduce the buyout.

Election year or not, if someone one has to go before their time is up, they will be shown the door and it will have a small impact on the elections.

The Webster and Rich are totally 2 different issues and the grounds will be different as well. Will not be the first time a TTC GM has quit before their contract is up with Gunn being the last one that I know of.

Will my Presto work on that events support bus? :p
As far as I know, the Presto system was removed when the bus retired as a TTC bus and not required to have one as a special event bus mainly for the Police.

Currently, the TTC fare lasts 2+ hours. Fine for normal weather and traffic conditions, but what about blizzards or hurricanes or tornadoes or "truck convoys" or water main breaks or flash floods?

Shouldn't we be able to extend the time for such conditions?

From August 19, 2005...
finchflood.gif
From link.

Currently, the TTC fare lasts 2+ hours. Fine for normal weather and traffic conditions, but what about blizzards or hurricanes or tornadoes or "truck convoys" or water main breaks or flash floods?

From August 19, 2005...
finchflood.gif
From link.
That would require sending a message to all the presto readers so that's impossible with his wonky system. As for a post credit after reviewing transactions within a certain time frame in an affected area, I think it could be done if they really want to. If you're out of funds or your presto ticket expired, you'll be screw if you don't have another fare at that moment.

That would require sending a message to all the presto readers so that's impossible with his wonky system. As for a post credit after reviewing transactions within a certain time frame in an affected area, I think it could be done if they really want to. If you're out of funds or your presto ticket expired, you'll be screw if you don't have another fare at that moment.
It is REALLY not sensible to build in 'enhancements' which are VERY seldom needed. In this case the 'worst case' scenario is that someone may need to pay a second fare if they even need to tap again. The TTC has FAR more important things to worry about.

It is REALLY not sensible to build in 'enhancements' which are VERY seldom needed. In this case the 'worst case' scenario is that someone may need to pay a second fare if they even need to tap again. The TTC has FAR more important things to worry about.
This really isn't a TTC thing anymore but a ML thing.

From August 19, 2005...
finchflood.gif
From link.
Ask for a subway emergency transfer if you're on the subway, or ask the operator for an emergency "magic" transfer if you're on a bus.

Anyone know what happened in the union station streetcar tunnel earlier?

Streetcars have been turning back at Spadina all day (more than 10 hours) which leads me to believe this is more than just a car.

Starting to wonder if there is more to the story

Anyone know what happened in the union station streetcar tunnel earlier?

Streetcars have been turning back at Spadina all day (more than 10 hours) which leads me to believe this is more than just a car.

Starting to wonder if there is more to the story
I just looked on the TTC website and there was a closer on the weekend that was supposed to be finished this morning perhaps something happened during it and they needed to extend it.

Back