News   Apr 18, 2024
 330     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 425     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Overall: I find the font size quite excessive, it reads as if the whole page has been 'zoomed'.
A bit too much 'white space' for my liking. Results in excess scrolling.

Specific:

Planning Page for second exits is dated/wrong.

They have Chester under 'in planning' when its actually open.
And likewise Donlands and College are under 'in planning' when both are 'under construction'.

(does nobody think to check these things?)
Yes, they are their usual sloppy selves. I had sent in a comment to them about fact that the OLD website still listed the stops on the 121 route before October 10 (when the west end was removed and it was extended further east.) The new site does correct this but still lists George St South as a stop, though that stop was removed 2 weeks ago. They now have put BACK the old map and route description with the route running from Cherry Beach to the Ex. They also describe the new route of the 65 bus correctly BUT the stops are wrong. (It now runs north on Princess not south).

I really only use two bus routes with any regularity, their new website now gives me incorrect info for 2 of them!

Silos!

Last edited:
Yes, they are their usual sloppy selves. I had sent in a comment to them about fact that the OLD website still listed the stops on the 121 route before October 10 (when the west end was removed and it was extended further east.) The new site does correct this but still lists George St South as a stop, though that stop was removed 2 weeks ago. They now have put BACK the old map and route description with the route running from Cherry Beach to the Ex. They also describe the new route of the 65 bus correctly BUT the stops are wrong. (It now runs north on Princess not south).

I really only use two bus routes with any regularity, their new website now gives me incorrect info for 2 of them!

Silos!

One must laugh, to avoid crying, or being unduly tempted to do something illegal, LOL

I don't like it at all. The use of Verdana is especially grating

I seem to remember back in 2018 or 19 that there was a beta version of what was supposed to be the new TTC website and it was far more pleasant than this. What happened to that? EDIT: no, looks like the beta site was the same as this one that just launched

Last edited:
Wait till you read the directions to Pearson Airport. 192 Airport Rocket is still mention.
If you type "Pearson" in the search box you get the 300 night bus schedule with links onwards to the 332, 352 , 952 and 52 buses, and if you type "Airport" you get the 900 Airport Express - with no links to other routes. I did not find the 192 but .. There IS a page https://www.ttc.ca/riding-the-ttc/Service-to-the-airport but it's not very obvious so, in short, it's a mess!

Alright heres one for ya. I went to look at the 54 on the site for shits and giggles and I found that McCowan is spelled wrong on the map. Don't know how this was possible considering there is literally a bus route and a station with that name.
054map.png

Oct 19
At Islington drop off
51623925319_6c5d117240_b.jpg

51622445217_380a131c2a_b.jpg

Re: TTC website

Who the hell is supposed to be able to read this mess?

1635214866633.png

Or this:

1635215052245.png

Part of the point of transitioning to a new website from an old one, is to make sure that all links work correctly and are rendered properly. Clearly they failed at that. It took me less than 2 minutes to find a fairly significant issue, I can only imagine what else is hiding.

It's truly dreadful - and I have okay eyesight. I pity someone with vision issues coping with this disaster. TTC should revert to the previous website, until (and if) they make the current website more accessible to all.

@Steve Munro is a member here, but doesn't cross-post his own material that often.

Typically, his thoughts are sufficiently in depth that a link to his latest post is preferable to any copy/paste w/credit.

But his latest on the TTC's new website needs to be brought over to join to discussion. Full Credit to Steve.

1635280636287.png

There's even a bit more at his site: https://stevemunro.ca/2021/10/23/the-ttcs-new-website/

TTC protecting service on busiest routes in November and December as it works to ensure all employees are vaccinated

Oct. 27, 2021

The TTC is continuing to work to protect the health and safety of all employees and the public who use the system daily.

Today, the TTC released further details about its temporary November and December service plans. The plans are focused on protecting and maintaining scheduled service on the busiest routes after the next phase of the TTC's mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy comes into effect on Nov. 21.

In the new temporary schedules, which were posted in workplaces today, the TTC has taken into account employees who will be ineligible to work due to being unvaccinated or for not disclosing vaccination status. Vaccinated TTC operators will be able to begin signing up for the next scheduled service periods on Nov. 3.

Key among the considerations that went into planning the upcoming temporary service was prioritizing the busiest routes at the busiest times of day - in particular on the bus network.

The Nov. 21 schedules were planned to be reliable and predictable while protecting existing service on the TTC's busiest bus routes corridors at the busiest times of day such as Wilson, Jane, Eglinton, Finch and Lawrence East, among others.
Other routes will see varying levels of temporary service changes, in many cases similar to the seasonal changes made in the summer and in December. Scheduled waiting time changes will generally be minimal, and all changes will result in ridership levels that are within TTC service standards. All corridors will continue to operate over the same operating hours as now.
TTC ridership is at approximately 50 per cent of pre-pandemic levels.

In order to ensure enough operators are available to match service with demand, the TTC will:
- Temporarily defer capital construction projects as well as cancel weekend and nightly early closures, allowing shuttle operators to be re-deployed for regular service.
- Continue increasing the hiring of new operators over the next several months.
- Re-deploy other qualified bus operators who are normally responsible for moving vehicles between divisions to regular service.
- Invite recent retirees to return to the TTC on a temporary basis as permanent replacements are hired.

If additional employees come forward and report their vaccination status in the coming days and weeks, the TTC will work to increase service.

After a review of current staff vaccination compliance numbers, the TTC is confident there will be no service impacts as a result of workforce availability in other work groups.

Individual route schedules for the period beginning Nov. 21 will be available on the TTC website and through all the usual real-time and on-line sources.

Contingency plans have been under development since the TTC announced its mandatory vaccine policy in early September.

Employees who are unvaccinated or have not shared their status by the end of the day on Nov. 20 will be placed on unpaid leave until they receive all their required vaccine doses, or Dec. 31, whichever comes first.

These measures do not apply to employees with an approved Ontario Human Rights Code exemption.

As of today, 88 per cent of the agency's 15,090 active employees have shared their COVID-19 vaccination status. In total, close to 86 per cent of unionized, and 94 per cent of non-unionized employees have shared their status with the vast majority already fully vaccinated.

To date, the TTC has held 56 vaccination clinics for employees as well as customers, and there are many more planned in the coming weeks. More than 9,300 shots have been administered at these clinics.

Oops:

The attack has crippled the TTC's Vision System, which is used to communicate with vehicle operators.
"We do have radio backup, so there's no issue communicating with the operators," Green said.
Hackers also took down the 'Next Vehicle Information System' on platform screens, trip-planning apps, the TTC website, and the online Wheel-Trans online booking portal.

AoD

Back