News   Apr 26, 2024
 138     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 347     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 526     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I strongly doubt they would build a parking garage there now. Sooner or later it will be replaced by housing.

There is housing there now, the tower fronts the street to the north, the top of the parking, which is for residents, is their outdoor amenity space.

The parking was put above ground at the time, because the subway is directly underneath. The thought of having no parking simply wouldn't not have occurred at the time.

To remove the existing parking (which will happen one day), the existing residents will have to be displaced.

Reactions: DSC
The raccoon incident was an all time low in my books. The fact that they suspended service that day from Victoria Park to Kennedy will never cease to amaze me.

... I had a dog pull out of her collar once on a subway platform (actually it was my other dog who took the collar off) ... thankfully it was a well trained lab who stuck by me. If it was my other dog - it would of been chaos.

Oct 19
Walk by Islington Station today and still have no idea what they are doing in the south bus bay.

By the looks, the south platforms have been partly rebuilt.

All of the south pave area has been repaved with new bus lanes with yellow marking as well where it start at the west end and stagger stop locations at the east end. They are marked 1-3.

2 level bike rack is now at the pickup/drop off area.

Starting to cut it close to have a working elevator by 2025 considering they have yet to start building the new terminal.

Photos to follow

The only way to get east of Keele on St Clair today was the streetcar as every route was a parking lot. Try to get to Old Weston Rd and gave up on shooting the east end of St Clair by car.

So here's the letter my father got from the TTC regarding the need for retirees to return.

What I am hearing is that they will be offering retiree operators the shifts nobody wants. This is things like nights, shuttles, RAD buses and routes in the middle of nowhere. The schedule may not be what they are used to.

From what I can tell there is alot of hesitency from retirees who did specific routes and schedules for years. There are many retirees who believe they should be given better work due to their many years of service.

Alot of retirees are also unwilling to work the shifts and schedules potentially on offer because they feel they have too much experience. They don't want to come back just so they can work the shifts they worked in their rookie years.

They don't want to drive night buses or shuttles without weekends off with 30 years or more experience. Quite frankly I can't blame them.

20211020_064117.jpg

Finally...

New website comes out sometime this week.

Finally...

New website comes out sometime this week.
And the website is up.

And the website is up.

Overall: I find the font size quite excessive, it reads as if the whole page has been 'zoomed'.
A bit too much 'white space' for my liking. Results in excess scrolling.

Specific:

Planning Page for second exits is dated/wrong.

They have Chester under 'in planning' when its actually open.
And likewise Donlands and College are under 'in planning' when both are 'under construction'.

(does nobody think to check these things?)

Back