1.8K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 577     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

TTC to launch first all-electric bus into service

May 31, 2019

This Mon., Jun. 3, members of the media are invited to join TTC Chair Jaye Robinson, Mayor John Tory and Marco Mendicino, Member of Parliament for Eglinton-Lawrence and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, as they launch the first of the TTC's all-electric buses into service on the 35 Jane route.

An in-depth technical tour, led by Bem Case, Head of Vehicle Programs, will be provided ahead of the news conference for those who are interested in a deeper understanding of the new eBus technology and charging infrastructure. Immediately following the event, media are invited to board the bus along with the dignitaries for the inaugural ride.

Technical walkthrough
Date: Mon., Jun. 3, 2019
Time: 6:50 a.m. (please arrive by 6:45)

Main event
Date: Mon., Jun. 3, 2019
Time: 7:30 a.m. (please arrive by 7:15)

Parking is available along the fence at the north end of the complex. Staff will be on hand to direct people to the site.

But yet 2/3rds of Torontonians enjoy voting for status quo, and delusional individuals for premier. Wake me up when these same residents are actually serious about change in Toronto.

What are you talking about? If you're referring to the 2018 Provincial Elections, only 359 177 out of the 1 079 875 Torontonian voters voted for the PC party (roughly 34%). the rest mainly voted for the NDP. If you're referring to the 2014 mayoral race, if you have forgotten, Torontonians voted for a new mayor.

What are you talking about? If you're referring to the 2018 Provincial Elections, only 359 177 out of the 1 079 875 Torontonian voters voted for the PC party (roughly 34%). the rest mainly voted for the NDP. If you're referring to the 2014 mayoral race, if you have forgotten, Torontonians voted for a new mayor.
I'm talking about the 2018 Mayoral/City Council Race. As for the Provincial election, good stat find you got me there.

One wonders which ward you were in where they were "voting for delusional individuals for premier". That' quite the delusion the voters had!
Etobicoke-Lakeshore where a lot of people never seem to learn their lesson, and never cease to amaze.

Etobicoke-Lakeshore where a lot of people never seem to learn their lesson, and never cease to amaze.
It does amaze .... though if they thought they were "voting for delusional individuals for premier" in "the 2018 Mayoral/City Council Race", then there's no helping them or us! :)

It's a miracle that they don't vote out of existence the very TTC routes they rely on.

I am constantly amazed how posters on this forum think Torontonians are single issue transit voters. Talk about projection.
Well transit was the main issue in the last municipal election for approximately 1 out of 2 Torontonians in the last municipal election after all. I dont think it's projection at all.

Just to add, yes, transit has become an important issue for many Torontonians. But my point is that posters on this forum act as though transit is the only issue one could ever vote on.

Back