News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.7K     10 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

What will it take for Google Maps to finally show a yellow marker line for the TYSSE?

I have reported this numerous times; the only way I know of how to do this is by reporting an error on the stations themselves. But Google isn’t listening.
Maybe the TTC has to officially report a problem at the Google Transit Partners site.

St. Albans off/on ramp for northbound Kipling is now open and will make access to the new PPUDO a lot easier than the old way.

Line 1 Closure (Lawrence to St. clair) looks like it will go ahead this weekend.

But Sept 22/23, Oct 13/14, and Oct 20/21 closures already cancelled.

The TTC obviously has a GIS department. Contact them.

I don’t even know there was such a thing called GIS, let alone that TTC has a department. Thank you. I couldn’t find this department online but I will just send a note to the main customer service email.

What will it take for Google Maps to finally show a yellow marker line for the TYSSE?

I have reported this numerous times; the only way I know of how to do this is by reporting an error on the stations themselves. But Google isn’t listening.

That's because transit is really more of an secondary business (perhaps you can even say an afterthought) for Google Maps (they're mainly a business listing and driving navigation app). That's why apps like Moovit and the Transit app can be successful despite Google Maps being preinstalled on Android devices, and why I've stopped using Google Maps for transit.

Actually I think Moovit has the yellow line stop at Sheppard West too, but they also denote the actual (less stylized) path of rapid transit lines in grey, and that line goes to VMC. As for the Transit app, the yellow line there goes all the way to VMC, but they still have Viva Purple going to Pioneer Village (on the map only, schedules/stops/trip planner are fine).

Probably will take years - took forever for the 2012 London Overground extension to complete the southern circle Clapham Junction to show up - though I see it's there now. Though they still don't show the London Overground services out of Liverpool Street over 3 years later.

Ah, I see they finally added the 20-month old Second Avenue subway line in New York City - although this station name could do with some work - https://www.google.ca/maps/place/No...!8m2!3d40.7778447!4d-73.9514047!5m1!1e2?hl=en

Perhaps they should privatize Google so it's more responsive and quicker! :)

I saw a few stations in Montreal with these markings, but most don't have them that I saw.

TTC testing platform markers to improve customer flow

September 6, 2018

The TTC has installed new markers and accessibility symbols along the platform at York University Station to enable customers to see where the doors will open and to indicate where priority seating is located on the train.

This pilot project is designed to improve both customer flow and service reliability by indicating the areas to keep clear for those exiting trains.

With the new Automatic Train Control (ATC) system operating on the Line 1 extension, the TTC is already testing ways to take advantage of the technology to improve operating efficiency where it can. These markers are possible because ATC stops trains at the same precise position along the platform every time it enters a station.

York University Station was selected as the pilot site because it is the busiest non-terminal station within the ATC service area. The durability of the markings and impacts on customer flow will be monitored throughout the fall before expanding the program.

While trains mainly operate in ATC mode between Sheppard West and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre stations, there may be times, as the TTC continues to install and test the system, the trains will operate in manual mode and may not line up with markers.

When fully rolled out on Line 1, ATC will improve service reliability and provide an option to increase capacity on the line.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-6_17-25-35.png
    upload_2018-9-6_17-25-35.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 263
Perhaps they should privatize Google so it's more responsive and quicker!
It's been months since I've loaded up Google Earth Pro, and have yet to load the KML files to layer on rail and transit lines.

That might be the solution for cities to do if others already haven't done so.

Getting a lot of hits Googling (pardon the self-reference) on that:
Subway Lines - KML File - Data.gov - Catalog Data Gov
https://catalog.data.gov/dataset/subway.../3cf37657-ca33-4188-9d5c-3f8850e97dfb
Jan 12, 2017 - KML File ... From the dataset abstract. City subway lines. Source: Subway Lines ... mimetype, application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml. package id ...

Subway Stations - KML File - Data.gov - Catalog Data Gov
https://catalog.data.gov/dataset/subway.../ca1e1cbc-239d-449f-b509-c9f5a44f870a
mimetype, application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml. package id, a7d610d1-4096-4270-bbbc-d45b77285359. revision id, 2ceffd1f-ad69-4a70-bd83-3855e989b86f.
Metrorail Lines kml/kmz file - ArcGIS
https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c8b7415d46494ab9a3f45493e78a718c
KML by jlee2008. Created: May 9, 2012 Updated: May 9, 2012 View Count: 8,778. Edit Summary ... Metrorail Lines in kml/kmz file for testing. An in-depth ...
Toronto Rapid Transit with Google Maps - David Pritchard
davidpritchard.org/maps/tortransit20.html
Toronto Rapid Transit with Google Maps, View as KML KML (TTC) · View as KML KML (VIVA) · View as KML KML (GO) · Link to this page ...

google maps - Subway lines in KML with different colors on one ...
https://stackoverflow.com/.../subway-lines-in-kml-with-different-colors-on-one-track
1 answer
Feb 27, 2012 - The short answer is no, although you could probably create a custom MVC object that renders the line for you as desired (i.e. you would not ...
google maps api 3 - Not showing the path in KML
Jan. 9, 2015
kml - KMZ do not show of my icons
Jul. 7, 2013
More results from stackoverflow.com
TTC - Toronto subway and bus stations - Google Earth Community ...
productforums.google.com/d/topic/gec-transportation-moderated/I4MZLhH1ZYY
Sep 3, 2005 - 10 posts - ‎10 authors
GO Transit to follow in a combined file. Feedback is appreciated. tags: TTC Toronto subway bus stations. UPDATE: Sept. 6. I have updated a ...
[...etc...]
Google: https://www.google.ca/search?q=Goog...32j0j7&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Back