News   Jul 03, 2024
 88     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 780     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.3K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Haha she’s awesome. Something for people to think about on the 66A. Good luck getting a spot on the bus during PM rush.

I pass through Old Mill around 3:30 every afternoon and am surprised at how busy the route is. I always figured people would take the 501 instead of the 66.

I'm also with her. A lot of transit riders in Toronto don't have the manners to move back in a bus to make room for other riders, unfortunately. It's an issue of culture.

I'm also with her. A lot of transit riders in Toronto don't have the manners to move back in a bus to make room for other riders, unfortunately. It's an issue of culture.

They get on at the front door AND then exit at the front door. Ignoring the back door completely. Even walking from the back of the bus to the front door to exit. (Shaking my head.)

It's not a question of making room it is about being able to get off at your stop.

People tend to stay close to the doors in order to have easy access to them. Why sit all the way at the back if everyone else is getting off long after you?

I noticed this when I was in London this summer. Those who had a long way to go climbed up the stairs but those who only had a few stops to go stayed downstairs.

I do it all the time on the subway here in Toronto. If I am going Warden to Yonge I'll sit close to the door in rush hour rather than fight the crowds.

It's not a question of making room it is about being able to get off at your stop.

People tend to stay close to the doors in order to have easy access to them. Why sit all the way at the back if everyone else is getting off long after you?

That's not the way to use public transit.

I noticed this when I was in London this summer. Those who had a long way to go climbed up the stairs but those who only had a few stops to go stayed downstairs.
I do it all the time on the subway here in Toronto. If I am going Warden to Yonge I'll sit close to the door in rush hour rather than fight the crowds.

Sitting is one thing, blocking the doorway just because you are getting off soon is another thing entirely. If one must do that, they should at least have the courtesy of being aware of the surroundings and try to let people through - instead of the very Torontonian manner of behaving like a fatberg pretending to be a sheet of paper and doing the eyeroll when someone is trying to get past.

AoD

Last edited:
The same culture that makes her feel entitled to do something stupid like that?

Back