News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 636     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

If I remember correctly, it's part of the air circulation system. Hot air comes from the bottom to mix with cool air coming from the top (something like that). It moderates the temperatures to prevent one part of the train from getting extremely warm or cool.

If I remember correctly, it's part of the air circulation system. Hot air comes from the bottom to mix with cool air coming from the top (something like that). It moderates the temperatures to prevent one part of the train from getting extremely warm or cool.

I agree with PinkLucy, sitting in those window seats with heat blasting on you isn't very pleasant when you want a cool ride. I avoid those seats in the warm weather "a-c season" on the cars. I guess it's one of those that makes sense from an HVAC perspective to make the car feel comfortable overall, but makes those particular seats uncomfortably warm.

I agree with PinkLucy, sitting in those window seats with heat blasting on you isn't very pleasant when you want a cool ride. I avoid those seats in the warm weather "a-c season" on the cars. I guess it's one of those that makes sense from an HVAC perspective to make the car feel comfortable overall, but makes those particular seats uncomfortably warm.

Probably a set of hamster wheels generating electricity, but with a by-product of heat.

Nice Line 2 ride this morning
IMG_20160530_075731_resize.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_075731_resize.jpg
    IMG_20160530_075731_resize.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 505
Does anyone recall when the follow-up report on TTC retail is due? I remember a kerfuffle over the renewal/extension of Gateway's contract going back
to the Stintz era.

There was a decision to defer the whole thing for a few years.

Its something I'd like to see followed up on.

I think the retail in most stations is poor (even for what it is); and a great deal more could be done in some high-volume, larger stations.

I'm inclined to wonder if the TTC shouldn't turn retail leasing over to a third-party in the private sector and just take a % of rent back, as they seem
quite un-enthusiastic about doing better.

Things I'd like to see (TTC Retail)

1) Post hours on all newsstands so that people can easily predict when they will be open, as hours vary by station.

2)At all but the lowest traffic stations, newstands/other retail should be open 7 days a week; the number of high-volume stations where newstands don't open on Sunday always surprises me.

3)Where there is insufficient traffic for a 'store', put vending machines in; pop machines, juice machines/health beverage machines, coffee/tea machine, paper boxes.

4) Where there is high volume, and available space, offer a greater variety of retail, particularly, expanded food-on-the-go options and grocery on the go.

Apparently the TRs on Line 2 are a temporary little arrangement. Boo. https://twitter.com/bradTTC/status/737277539861811201

Things I'd like to see (TTC Retail)
1) Post hours on all newsstands so that people can easily predict when they will be open, as hours vary by station.
2)At all but the lowest traffic stations, newstands/other retail should be open 7 days a week; the number of high-volume stations where newstands don't open on Sunday always surprises me.
3)Where there is insufficient traffic for a 'store', put vending machines in; pop machines, juice machines/health beverage machines, coffee/tea machine, paper boxes.
4) Where there is high volume, and available space, offer a greater variety of retail, particularly, expanded food-on-the-go options and grocery on the go.
Northern Light: I think the folks running the stand at Chester might give you some insight into the pros and cons of some of your suggestions. I know there are issues with water access at some stations although given the number being opened up for AODA work you'd think that's something that could, in some situations, be addressed then.

The TTC has very few locations like Pape Tim Hortons where the retail basically straddles the public and paid zones. With collector booths declining in importance with Presto, I wonder if there's scope to relocate the collector and create such spaces in certain locations.

Gateway got a contract to sell Presto in some locations (a situation I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at) so that might complicate replacing them.

Does this mean we will see more Toronto Rockets on Line 2? I thought they were exclusively for Line 1 at least until the Line 2 signal upgrades.

Apparently the TRs on Line 2 are a temporary little arrangement. Boo. https://twitter.com/bradTTC/status/737277539861811201

Northern Light: I know there are issues with water access at some stations although given the number being opened up for AODA work you'd think that's something that could, in some situations, be addressed then.

Don't all stations have an employee washroom? Water can't be that far off?

Does this mean we will see more Toronto Rockets on Line 2? I thought they were exclusively for Line 1 at least until the Line 2 signal upgrades.
Per BradTTC, some T1s went sick today. The usual summer schedule reductions might mean we'll see more of this. In the PM rush when the weather is hot, TR aircon would be most welcome.

Per BradTTC, some T1s went sick today. The usual summer schedule reductions might mean we'll see more of this. In the PM rush when the weather is hot, TR aircon would be most welcome.
Nothing unusual about this. We've seen the occasional Wilson train on Line 2, and vice-versa for years, when there's an equipment problem. It wasn't unheard of to see the occasional H5 on Line 2 or H6 on Line 1.

Given that they are adding TR equipment to Line 4, there should be more T1 equipment available for Line 2 - so I doubt we'll see any more of this than historically.

Back