News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Here's the 320 Yonge northbound schedule at Yonge & Queen. From this link.

upload_2015-7-26_9-10-6.png

At this location, it is "better" than 30 minutes.

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-26_9-10-6.png
    upload_2015-7-26_9-10-6.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 438
I heard a talking bus for the first time the other day. It was a 90 Vaughan bus and when it pulled up to the stop, a female voice stated "90 Vaughan to St. Clair West station". There was a speaker on the side of the bus above the orange "kneeling bus" sign to the left of the door.

Is this some sort of trial that I missed reading about and/or part of some plan to equip all buses with it?

Thanks. I rarely, if ever, go on the TTC website. It's just not good.
Not good? The layout seems better than any other municipal transit agency I can think of in the region.

More importantly, they show major disruptions right on the front page (what other GTA municipal agency does this?), so it's a must visit quick click most times I head for a streetcar.

Reactions: PL1
Thanks. I rarely, if ever, go on the TTC website. It's just not good.
Have you tried looking at Hamilton's website? If not go take a look there, come back and tell me that the TTC's website still isnt good. Heck even the TTC's old website is better than a lot of the current websites that other GTA transit agencies use.

Compared to many cities' the TTC website is reasonably good. It could be far better, but TTC's website is fairly good, by Canadian muncipal standards. They even officially recommend the Transit App, which is one of the best iPhone apps on the market for public transit.

That said, we have to consider the still-shattered integration with other agencies. It can sometimes be a mess transferring between systems to MiWay, YRT, Züm, etc. By that yardstick, we're still a big mess. On the other hand, third party apps (including our venerable Google Maps) now helps integrate all of them for multiagency/multimodal transit. Something we didn't have last century.

Last edited:
Compared to many cities' the TTC website is reasonably good. It could be far better, but TTC's website is fairly good, by Canadian muncipal standards. They even officially recommend the Transit App, which is one of the best iPhone apps on the market for public transit.

"Transit" is an amazing app. It works with multiple travel agencies, in many different cities. It's also not just an iphone app, I have it on my android phone. I have no idea why Metrolinx is wasting time and taxpayer money on a "trip planner" app when google maps already does the same thing. Yet another manifestation of "Not Invented Here" syndome.

"Transit" is an amazing app. It works with multiple travel agencies, in many different cities. It's also not just an iphone app, I have it on my android phone. I have no idea why Metrolinx is wasting time and taxpayer money on a "trip planner" app when google maps already does the same thing. Yet another manifestation of "Not Invented Here" syndome.
Yeah; why doesn't GO provide real-time arrivals/delays data to Transit App, like TTC does??
They do it at www.gotracker.ca

I heard a talking bus for the first time the other day. It was a 90 Vaughan bus and when it pulled up to the stop, a female voice stated "90 Vaughan to St. Clair West station". There was a speaker on the side of the bus above the orange "kneeling bus" sign to the left of the door.

Is this some sort of trial that I missed reading about and/or part of some plan to equip all buses with it?

MiWay and I believe Brampton transit already have this. I'm not sure if buses come with external speakers standard or they need to be retrofitted? Anyone know?

MiWay and I believe Brampton transit already have this. I'm not sure if buses come with external speakers standard or they need to be retrofitted? Anyone know?
You are correct that Brampton Transit buses have external speakers that announce the route number and terminus of the bus you are about to board....really helps prevent people getting on the wrong buses.

I saw some system last week with speakers, but not on the outside. Had trouble trying to understand what was being said.

Not all the fleet buses had speakers.

Even with speakers for MT & BT, riders get on the wrong bus.

Last edited:

Back