News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 430     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I expressed my displeasure to Brad Ross on twitter. He said all big systems have made the switch to which I replied that it's simply untrue and that New York and London are all professional done, save for some New York lines that are still done live. Does anyone know of any other city's announcements that aren't computer generated?
Chicago also had professionally done automated announcements last time I was there.

Attachments

• Brad Ross Tweet.PNG
    Brad Ross Tweet.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Pretty sure that I've seen enough robot movies to know where this one goes.

Starts off with announcing Yonge, Yonge Station, and ends with announcing Concentration Camp, Concentration Camp Station.

And yes, it will be have to be a Spanish Solution.

I, for one, welcome our robotic overlords.
Soon, Brad Ross would be replaced by a robot. After that, eventually, the entire TTC would be run by robots. Oh, and social media would be controlled by robots. Not just social media, but the entire Internet! Not just the entire Internet, but all of humanity would be replaced by robots.

All hail our new robotic overlords!

Wow, it's kind of astonishing how poor the security features are on the app. At least on the iphone this won't turn up in the apple store, but for android users, they might have to contend with people using this.
It is an iOS App so it cannot be installed on Android. Users with iOS 9 who have some technical capability will be able to use the source code to use it though.

Byford and his henchman spend all this time and money into rebranding, and they still cant even get it right. At first glance, I thought the green dots indicated that the express bus makes stops at those intersections. Then I go see the Jane Express, and there are white green dots. Not to mention the frequent service lines look like they can be mistaken for a subway line (as mentioned above) and the whole thing just becomes a complete mess. Oh, and let's not mention the possible confusion between GO Transit's green, and the TTC's express green.

It's like they make everything they touch even worse than before. First the subway maps (asides from the numbering), then the airport bus wraps, now this.

Still better than the TTC Gimps... I mean Morphs:

CJoxM6qUcAAaDuV.jpg

I really DO NOT want to know where those foam fingers have been...

Back