News   Jun 21, 2024
 25     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 257     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 408     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

There have been 7 hydraulic fluid incidents since Jan 2024. Another spill last night before today's meeting.

Recently the work car was discovered at Spadina and they towed to Greenwood with the leak. 200L was spilled.

The work car could have been left at Lower Bay station, which would have contained the spill and meant a shorter closure and clean-up time. Instead the leaking work car was towed all the way to Greenwood, spilling along the way.
GNtQbsqXsAE28_V.jpeg

There have been 7 hydraulic fluid incidents since Jan 2024. Another spill last night before today's meeting.

Recently the work car was discovered at Spadina and they towed to Greenwood with the leak. 200L was spilled.

The work car could have been left at Lower Bay station, which would have contained the spill and meant a shorter closure and clean-up time. Instead the leaking work car was towed all the way to Greenwood, spilling along the way.View attachment 564393
Heads should roll - but undoubtedly not Mr Leary's

""Discovered""?? Was it hiding there in plain sight? 🤣

Out of curiosity, it wasn't an H4 work car, was it?
It is not one of the TTC H4 modified workcars. RT-56 is a custom built subway drain vacuum & jetting workcar manufactured by Arva Industries.

Because this got me to the page with the info I checked all the vehicles identified on the slide. I found that 17, 56, 84 are all made by Arva. While 7 & 41 were manufactured by Plasser American.

The work car could have been left at Lower Bay station, which would have contained the spill and meant a shorter closure and clean-up time. Instead the leaking work car was towed all the way to Greenwood, spilling along the way.
how would it be repaired if they just left it at lower bay?

how would it be repaired if they just left it at lower bay?

They would have had to move it, eventually, though they likely could have stopped up any active leak.........

The point being made was that they actively spread the spill, and did so heading into morning rush-hour service.

There was an imperfect, but less bad option they didn't take.

They would have had to move it, eventually, though they likely could have stopped up any active leak.........

The point being made was that they actively spread the spill, and did so heading into morning rush-hour service.

There was an imperfect, but less bad option they didn't take.
I still don't think that's a good idea either just leaving something in the way like that just sounds dangerous and not very good work practices either.

I think they made the best choice given the circonstances as they probably weren't aware at the time how much of a leak it was.

I still don't think that's a good idea either just leaving something in the way like that just sounds dangerous and not very good work practices either.

I think they made the best choice given the circonstances as they probably weren't aware at the time how much of a leak it was.
It seems most of the leaks were 100-200L

Leaving it at Bay was CLEARLY a far better idea than 'soiling' the tracks all the way back to the train yard. They did NOT make the best choice and if they were not aware of how bad the leak was they should have investigated. It was VERY sloppy.

Steve Munro has a piece up on the whole hydraulic fluid leak.

I highly recommend it.

In this piece by the way, we learn that the initial direction was to tow the car to Lower Bay but someone decided on Greenwood instead. 🤨

External third-party investigator (Hatch LTK) has been on boarded to perform
forensic analysis of failures and audit of maintenance policies and procedures

oooh wonder if this one will be as bad as the one from the line 3 derailment

Back