News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

What the hell is going at St George today?

At the very top of the TTC's webpage, one will currently find this:

1709308765611.png

This section of Line 1 has been out since 6am this morning; clearly a serious problem and yet another red flag about TTC maintenance.

Line 1 Yonge-University: No service between St Andrew and Spadina while we fix a track problem. Shuttle buses are running between St Andrew and Spadina.

I get the that..

First off.........

You did not say you 'got that'...........you said 'What the hell is going on" Implying that you did not know. That's why I took the time to reply.

I am more curious what the track problem is.
If they have Line 1 shut down at St George I wonder if there is an issue with the crossover, possibly a derailment of some sort.

The section of track being repaired is at Museum.

First off.........

You did not say you 'got that'...........you said 'What the hell is going on" Implying that you did not know. That's why I took the time to reply.

My apologies NL. When I said I got that, I meant I saw what you posted but it was not quite what I was looking for. I was on the subway this morning and saw the hordes of people at Spadina.

As usual, you are correct and I am sorry for being so terse.

This section of Line 1 has been out since 6am this morning; clearly a serious problem and yet another red flag about TTC maintenance.

Line 1 Yonge-University: No service between St Andrew and Spadina while we fix a track problem. Shuttle buses are running between St Andrew and Spadina.

As @Northern Light said it is at Museum.

I wonder if something happened at the Wye Junction this morning. They are doing work on Line 1 overnight this week meaning that some work cars may be going through the Wye to Greenwood Yard.

Just a guess.. but as I said I wonder if a work car derailed or something happened to the switches. Moreover, I wonder if something happened inside the Wye.

As @Northern Light said it is at Museum.

I wonder if something happened at the Wye Junction this morning. They are doing work on Line 1 overnight this week meaning that some work cars may be going through the Wye to Greenwood Yard.

Just a guess.. but as I said I wonder if a work car derailed or something happened to the switches. Moreover, I wonder if something happened inside the Wye.
It’s not a derailment. It’s a problem just with the track.

• Angry
Reactions: DSC
This requires the line to be shut down for the whole day? Something tells me that there is more to this story.
There isn't any more to the story.

A broken rail is not a regular occurrence, but it certainly isn't uncommon, either. But to make matters worse, those switches at Museum are non-standard meaning that there is a very good chance that there is less of a parts stockpile for them than there are for the other switches in the system.

I suspect that a substantial part of the delay was having to mill a new section of rail down to fit that spot.

Dan

First off.........

The section of track being repaired is at Museum.
Chill buddy! At the end of the day we all want to find out why things went wrong!

It says It will resume tomorrow at 6am.
No, This is the only alert at the moment about Subway Service

"This Monday through Friday, subway service on Line 1 between Osgoode and College stations will end nightly at 11 p.m. for track work. Shuttle buses will operate. Regular subway service will resume the following morning at 6 a.m."

See also:

Reactions: max

Back