News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.8K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 642     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

The Leslie barns from my understanding means that there will be a ton of extra storage around the system, even if we do the extra 60 cars.
I can't find the numbers now, but I thought that with 264 cars, that would almost max out the capacity, which was only a handful more.

Though perhaps the biggest "extra storage" not utilized is that overnight, there's a minimum of 14 cars in service at all times. :)

upload_2015-9-21_11-43-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-21_11-43-6.png
    upload_2015-9-21_11-43-6.png
    532 KB · Views: 1,588
Do we have a better idea about the King Street 504 rollout schedule? I recall that when all door boarding was announced for the 504 in the winter that they had changed the schedule to prioritize the rollout of the new streetcars on King.

If Bombardier is able to stick to its commitment, when should we see service with new streetcars on the 504?

Do we have a better idea about the King Street 504 rollout schedule? I recall that when all door boarding was announced for the 504 in the winter that they had changed the schedule to prioritize the rollout of the new streetcars on King.

If Bombardier is able to stick to its commitment, when should we see service with new streetcars on the 504?

probably some time in 2016. I think they want to have Spadina be all new cars before they put them eslewhere

Despite those comments, no new schedule has been released. So if they stick to the current schedule, not after 510, 509, 511, 505, and 501 are converted.

501 alone almost a year's worth of production. So if it's still after 501, not until mid to late 2017.

Also the current (early 2015) plan is that in peak, there'll only be 23 new streetcars only 504 - and that they'll keep running 24 ALRVs until sometime after 2023. So 504 won't be completed converted until there is another streetcar order.

4407 in training on McCaul near Queen. Pretty tight with cars parked on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_5152.JPG
    IMG_5152.JPG
    549.2 KB · Views: 364
It's been 13 days since 4411 was delivered. Shouldn't it be in service by now?
It goes in service later today according to Brad Ross.

Isn't 13 days the fastest ever commissioning after delivery (I haven't checked)? It appears that they'd have been able to complete the inspections and required amount of testing mileage faster than before!

Presumably they didn't have any issues with it!

Last edited:
I took the 4406 on Spadina / Harbourfront yesterday (first time ever) and this thing is amazing. It really feels more like a subway / LTR than a streetcar. Very smooth and quiet ride and even though it was only about 20C the Ac air makes a difference. All this despite the vomit/ spilled drinks all over the rear part of the car. ;-)

I took the 4406 on Spadina / Harbourfront yesterday (first time ever) and this thing is amazing. It really feels more like a subway / LTR than a streetcar. Very smooth and quiet ride and even though it was only about 20C the Ac air makes a difference. All this despite the vomit/ spilled drinks all over the rear part of the car. ;-)

Ha your post reminds me how last new years my friend from Montreal was visiting and we just by chance got a new streetcar. Being from Montreal he didnt really understand streetcars here, but was super impressed with the new ones and how much better they were, and was finally coming around to them.

Annnd then someone riding with us proceeded to vomit all over.... he was like "oh well, it was nice while it lasted."

^I am confused....do people only vomit on streetcars or, ocassionally, on buses or subways...even, maybe, on Montreal metros? ;)

Back