News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Ha your post reminds me how last new years my friend from Montreal was visiting and we just by chance got a new streetcar. Being from Montreal he didnt really understand streetcars here, but was super impressed with the new ones and how much better they were, and was finally coming around to them.

Annnd then someone riding with us proceeded to vomit all over.... he was like "oh well, it was nice while it lasted."

The vomiter should be banished from the city for embarrassing us.

The vomiter should be banished from the city for embarrassing us.

Vomiters on the vomit comet are truly vile for forcing the vehicle out of service. However a few years ago I was quite impressed by a queasy fellow who jumped off, puked in a garbage can, then got right back on and sat down like nothing happened. That is a world class transit rider.

4411 was out today!

Capture.JPG

(It was a chartered trip though)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 861
Haha.
Go home 4411, you're drunk!

If you're referring to the fact that it's on King, FYI streetcars actually have to get to and from their route from the carhouse where they're stored, they don't leave them on each route overnight. The LFLRVs operate out of Roncesvalles carhouse at King & Roncesvalles, and for 509 they enter service by heading east on King and south on Bathurst to CNE loop.

If you're referring to the fact that it's on King, FYI streetcars actually have to get to and from their route from the carhouse where they're stored, they don't leave them on each route overnight. The LFLRVs operate out of Roncesvalles carhouse at King & Roncesvalles, and for 509 they enter service by heading east on King and south on Bathurst to CNE loop.

Yes, I do realize that.
I just thought I'd be funny.
Though I don't use NextBus as much as I used to, why is it that it's showing up signed on as a 509 car when it hasn't entered service yet?

Cars normally show up as the various services they are running, when they are entering/leaving yards. They also normally take passengers - at least in and out of Russell along Queen East and King East. Do the new streetcars service stops on Queen West and King West running in and out of service?

Cars normally show up as the various services they are running, when they are entering/leaving yards. They also normally take passengers - at least in and out of Russell along Queen East and King East. Do the new streetcars service stops on Queen West and King West running in and out of service?

I have found the LFLRVs normally go out of service when heading home. 510s leave from either Spadina or Union signed as King (don't remember really seeing northbound Union-King runs before this), go out of service at Charlotte and Oxley, and head west. 509s usually go out of service right at the CNE before heading up Bathurst. Not sure about incoming in the mornings but probably similar.

I have found the LFLRVs normally go out of service when heading home. 510s leave from either Spadina or Union signed as King (don't remember really seeing northbound Union-King runs before this), go out of service at Charlotte and Oxley, and head west. 509s usually go out of service right at the CNE before heading up Bathurst. Not sure about incoming in the mornings but probably similar.
I wonder if that will change once fully implemented. I frequently get to and from work on vehicles running in and out of downtown on King and Queen.

Back