News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I did see a streetcar on a flatcar heading westerbound on the CP mainline between Bathurst and Spadina yesterday at 5:30-ish. Could not make out the number.
Where's the stop to catch it? They really should advertise these new routes more. Good to know that they've put the buses on other routes and streetcars back on this one.

They are moving onwards. King & Church was finished a couple of weeks ago and they are getting ready for King & Parliament (marks for new poles were there last week and the new poles may be up now. See Steve Munro's site at https://stevemunro.ca/2018/02/22/problems-with-trolley-shoes-on-flexity-cars/

The latest plan (on Steve's site is apparently as below but this says King/Church in 2019 and it's done so they may actually be ahead of things..
:View attachment 155846

Also, St Clair West is done and they said pantos would be deployed in the fall. Any updates, or was one already posted more than 6 pages back?

again this is not appropriate this week (and to many including me its never appropriate). Unless you have no knowledge of history or no sensitivity to the 6 million people that died and their families.
The world would be a much happier place if we become a little less sensitive.

4498 is tracking

4497 been in the service bay the last 24 hours. Looks like it has done its testing and being prepare for service.

4499 is supposed to be off loaded at Hillcrest today.

4500 could be in transit or will be next week to maintain the schedule.

again this is not appropriate this week (and to many including me its never appropriate). Unless you have no knowledge of history or no sensitivity to the 6 million people that died and their families.
A lot more than six million died. Not sure why the need to downplay the extent of deaths caused by far-right populists historically - even as we mark the anniversary of 9/11!

More on topic - my gosh, have you seen that replacement WTC Path station they built? It's immense. And apparently cost over CAN$5 billion. Can you imagine how much LRT that NYC could have built for that! At the current option rate of $3.6 million for an additional Flexity ... that would buy 1,400 streetcars!

Last edited:
Looks like 4497 could be enter service on Friday, as its sitting at the front on track 3.

There is a streetcar waiting to be offloaded it appears - I could not make out the number out though.

There is a streetcar waiting to be offloaded it appears - I could not make out the number out though.
That would most likely be 4500 and 2 short of having 50% of the new fleet here. Looks like the Q3 schedule will be met.

Back