News   Apr 18, 2024
 691     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.1K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Regardless if 4466 is here or not, TTC needs 4 more cars on their property by June 29 to meet Q2 schedule.

I was expecting to see 4465 back this month. Since it was supposed to have gone a few things before returning, we should see it in service by June 25.

Wonder why the source in TB not posting anymore on shipments???

Perhaps the higher ups got wind of these updates?

Doesn't seem transportation requirements would be any higher than for the Pan Am games.
For 4 soccer games in a 45,000 capacity stadium, over 3 weeks? Probably a lot less.

Transportation requirements would be about the same over those weeks, as a single four-day Blue Jays home stand!

Given the timing of these things, I'd expect we'd mostly have mid-day or afternoon games too. Probably on a Tuesday June 16, Friday June 19, Sunday June 27, and Sunday July 4, 2026 if the proposed schedule in the bid package holds up.

This is pretty minor as far as Toronto transportation infrastructure goes! If they go for 12:30 pm starts again this time for the week day games, the games would be finished by 2:30 pm, and wouldn't even impact rush hour.

It would be nice if they finish the additional 2 pedestrian tunnels and third platform at Exhibition by then ... but that's already planned.

I expect they'll run some extra trains and streetcars, just like they do for other events at BMO Field. Easy enough off-peak.

Why is this noteworthy?
Sure it is as note by others, since this still not a TTC car yet and it was supposed to be in Q 1 schedule. It was put on a flat on March 21, but wasn't pickup by CP until around the 28th. Took 2 months to fix the damage.

As I type this, its sitting on the test track at Hillcrest and assuming it out for test already. Not surprise it happening so soon and may see it in service by June 22.

4480 & 4481 have been out for testing on the Queensway, as well King & Queen today. Both are in the service bay now

For 4 soccer games in a 45,000 capacity stadium, over 3 weeks? Probably a lot less.

Transportation requirements would be about the same over those weeks, as a single four-day Blue Jays home stand!

Given the timing of these things, I'd expect we'd mostly have mid-day or afternoon games too. Probably on a Tuesday June 16, Friday June 19, Sunday June 27, and Sunday July 4, 2026 if the proposed schedule in the bid package holds up.

This is pretty minor as far as Toronto transportation infrastructure goes! If they go for 12:30 pm starts again this time for the week day games, the games would be finished by 2:30 pm, and wouldn't even impact rush hour.

It would be nice if they finish the additional 2 pedestrian tunnels and third platform at Exhibition by then ... but that's already planned.

I expect they'll run some extra trains and streetcars, just like they do for other events at BMO Field. Easy enough off-peak.
They may also have the new 509 connection to Dufferin St built as well. They will still have to add a few more 509 cars and may introduce a Dundas West to the Ex by the way of Dufferin.

Any afternoon game going to have an impact on TTC service as well GO. GO maybe running special trains to deal with the larger crowds and sure hope they do.

Going to be fun time down there with larger crowds than what we see today and will need all 3 tunnels to deal with it

Two photos and a question:

On vacation, and on our way out west, overnighting in Thunder Bay. Two photos taken at 6 PM today, Friday, June 15, by the Bombardier plant. Number 4485 - looks like it is ready to ship. In the second photo, peeking out behind 4485 are two more TTC Flexity cars - could not tell the numbers. The one in the right hand bay with power on, the one in the bay on the left, just visible behind Number 4485, no obvious power on.

The question - has the street car which was involved in the accident at King and University several weeks ago been repaired, is it back in service? I believe it was Number 4445, which according to the Transee tracing, is back operational, but when I went to confirm the unit number, I was not able to find the original posts about the accident, and I did not see any comments regarding the status of its repairs.

The photos:

4485.jpg

Two More Peeking Out.jpg

Attachments

• 4485.jpg
    4485.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 712
  • Two More Peeking Out.jpg
    Two More Peeking Out.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 738
Is there a way to subscribe to a service that’ll send alerts each time a new streetcar is being moved upon delivery tied to each streetcars GPS.

Is there a way to subscribe to a service that’ll send alerts each time a new streetcar is being moved upon delivery tied to each streetcars GPS.
The car GPS doesn't get activated when the car arrives, but days to a week or so after it arrives at the Barns. It has to be install first.

I don't know of any program that will do what you want, but not my field of knowledge in the first place.

It would be interesting to know why 4466 spent almost the last 24 hours on the test track at Hillcrest. It was sitting outside on service track 7 at the east end (last south track) at the Barns for hours before moving inside.

By the looks of things, 4480 is done or about done doing the burn in distance and could spend the weekend getting ready for service for Monday or later in the week. Been out almost 24 hrs a day.

4481 has been out, but not close to what 4480 has being doing and is currently in the service bay.

4482 still not tracking yet, since the GPS is either not install or installed, but not activated.

Two photos and a question:

On vacation, and on our way out west, overnighting in Thunder Bay. Two photos taken at 6 PM today, Friday, June 15, by the Bombardier plant. Number 4485 - looks like it is ready to ship. In the second photo, peeking out behind 4485 are two more TTC Flexity cars - could not tell the numbers. The one in the right hand bay with power on, the one in the bay on the left, just visible behind Number 4485, no obvious power on.

The question - has the street car which was involved in the accident at King and University several weeks ago been repaired, is it back in service? I believe it was Number 4445, which according to the Transee tracing, is back operational, but when I went to confirm the unit number, I was not able to find the original posts about the accident, and I did not see any comments regarding the status of its repairs.

The photos:

View attachment 147109

View attachment 147110
Yes, 4445 has been repaired and is back in service.

Since 4484 is at the loading dock and to be off loaded Monday or Tuesday, where 4483?? Maybe 4483 is in CP yard waiting for 4484 to be off loaded first. Then, it could been off loaded already.

As it stands, 4483, 4485 and 4486 have to be ship by this coming Friday to meet Q2 schedule. 4485 could be loaded for shipment now based on the photo above.

4482 is still not tracking after been here 5 days.

4481 has been out since 12 am today and currently going southbound on Bathurst St to 509 route.

4480 is currently in the service bay since Friday night.

4466 GPS has the car in Lake Ontario since Friday night and still there.

^There's another delivery en route which went through Alliston around sunrise today. It's too soon to be 4485, so maybe it's a tardy 4483.

I'm actually surprised that they have shipped as reliably in order as they have. It would be very likely that car X would have some last minute glitch or final quality check failure that would hold up its release, with car x+1 coming off the line and ready to ship sooner. Back when the line was not moving at current rates, that was less likely.... but I would expect more out-of-order deliveries than we've seen.

- Paul

Back